Costa Rica’s President pledges support to end the conflict between Israel and Palestine

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica’s President pledges support to end the conflict between Israel and Palestine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

[url=http://www.nacion.com/nacional/politica/Ban-Ki-moon-simbolo-mensaje-Gaza_0_1429857108.html]Costa Rica’s President pledges support for UN efforts to end the ‘conflict’ between Israel and Palestine[/url]

Visiting Costa Rica yesterday, the United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon condemned yet another deadly attack by Israel armed forces against a UN school in the besieged Gaza Strip.

“It is outrageous. It is unjustifiable. And it demands accountability and justice,” said the UN chief in Costa Rica on Wednesday.

What I would love to see?

I would [b]LOVE[/b] to see Costa Rica following Bolivia’s lead and rightfully declare Israel a “terrorist state” and to prosecute Israel for “crimes against humanity.”

[url=http://rt.com/news/176852-bolivia-israel-terrorist-state/]Bolivia has declared Israel to be a “terrorist state”[/url] and renounced a visa exemption agreement with the country in protest over the ongoing Israeli military offense in Gaza which already killed more than 1,300 dead and left over 7,000 wounded….

Morales explained that Operation Protective edge clearly shows that “Israel is not a guarantor of the principles of respect for life and the elementary precepts of rights that govern the peaceful and harmonious coexistence of our international community.”

What do you think?

davidd

this was an interesting perspective from someone actually there

any eye opener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrOdCG7RrvE

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”Scott”]What do you think?[/quote]

I think it is shameful when a visit to Costa Rica by the UN Secretary General specifically to address a humanitarian crisis in that region involving thousands of children at risk of violence in their home countries is totally ignored and used a pretext to once again bash Jews.[/quote]

You may have misunderstood my posting sweikert925….

I don’t want to “bash Jews” at all, what I would LOVE to see is Costa Rica following Bolivia’s lead and rightfully declare Israel a “terrorist state” and to prosecute Israel for “crimes against humanity.”

bogino
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″]No, I think I understand quite well your frequent comments directed against Israel and what motivates them.

I happen to agree that the current government of Israel is guilty of war crimes – as is the government of Palestine which is already a terrorist state and is being actively aided by other terrorist states such as Syria and Iran. If they are hauled in front of the World Court it would be fine with me – all of them, not just Israel.

Netanyahu belongs in a cell next to the other war criminals in the Hague. So do Arafat’s successors, the current leaders of Hamas and Fatah.

It is Palestinians – not Israelis – who [url=http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/48123709517/hamas-and-islamic-jihad-members-dance-in-the-streets-of] dance in the streets (literally) when innocent civilians are murdered [/url]. Some of them may have cheered if one of the airliners you recently flew on had been blown out of the sky by a terrorist bomb. When was the last time an Israeli terrorist blew up a bus or airliner full of innocent civilians? Why no condemnation of them sir?

I must repeat my earlier comment: I think those who belong to neither side of a conflict but consistently point out the brutality practiced by one side and are strangely silent about the even greater brutality of the other deserve to have their motives questioned.
    [/quote]

I agree. And when I hear opinionated [b]anti Semitics[/b] use terms like “[b]junta[/b]”…”[b]war criminals[/b]”…”[b]terrorists[/b]”..being applied to Israel I simply have to have a good laugh and wonder “what planet are these people living on”.

I don’t think any of these complainers have ever lived or can fully appreciate living under the rule of the likes of: [b]Stalin…Hitler…Mao…the Ayatollahs…Castro…Chavez….Idi Amin…Mobutu Sese Seko….Kim Jong….Assad….Mugabe…Pol Pot….only t o name a few[/b]

You want to talk about “war crimes” read a little bit about the above individuals (which is only a sampling of [b]REAL[/b] war criminals and then hop on a plane and spend a week in Israel and let me know whether you [b]REALLY[/b] feel the people there are living under a war criminal regime.

For the record: I am NOT Jewish…i [b]HAVE[/b] lived in Kinshasa, DRC during the Mobutu era. I [b]DID[/b] live in Rio, Brasil after the expulsion of Joao Goulart when the country was run by a military dictatorship and their “[b]death squads[/b]”.

I [b]DID[/b] live in Entebbe, Uganda when Idi Amin ruled the country. To my recollection—-[b]NONE[/b] of these characters passed out leaflets…called residents….or announced to the populace that fact that were getting ready to attack.

pdsnickles
    Participant

I think it is correct to condemn both sides of this war, and to include the condemnation of the USA for supporting Israel and so on… all who support this war – either side – are wrong.

Personally I would like to see the USA stay completely out of the Middle East. Let the chips fall where they may.

But of course that won’t happen because for all our posturing about “humanitarian efforts” and “Democracy” anyone who has any sense at all knows the only reason the USA is in the Middle East or gives a damn about any country over there, is so American corporations can continue to profit from oil.

bogino
    Participant

[quote=”pdsnickles”] is so American corporations can continue to profit from oil.[/quote]

The reason corporations profit from oil is because the [b]DEMAND[/b] from consumers is there. All the American people need to do is get off their [b]big rounded behinds[/b] and [b]ride a bike[/b] or [b]walk more often[/b] and you begin to destroy demand. Once you do that you gradually eliminate any reliance on the Middle East and all the problems that region brings to the globe. I won’t hold my breath waiting for that to occur though.

davidd

I have been delving into this subject recently and I ask if anyone has any references that counter the points of views I am finding

is the country Palestine indeed an occupied country??? I am not understanding this.. from what I am finding.. Israelis migrated to this country over the course of time…

at some point Zionists decided this would be exclusive Jewish country.. and 1947 the U.N. partitioned the country accordingly.. but more so in the favor of Israelis

I am finding the word ethnic cleansing being used to often with regard to Palestinians..

is any of this correct??

can someone point me to a parallel opposing views so I can read up on this..

I am a perfect candidate to study this because I have no skin in the game whatsoever.. on either sides..

Scott… can you reference an similar example in history that is similar to this to get a wider understanding

I ask you because you have studied this for many years..

thanks

[quote=”bogino”][quote=”pdsnickles”] is so American corporations can continue to profit from oil.[/quote]

The reason corporations profit from oil is because the [b]DEMAND[/b] from consumers is there. All the American people need to do is get off their [b]big rounded behinds[/b] and [b]ride a bike[/b] or [b]walk more often[/b] and you begin to destroy demand. Once you do that you gradually eliminate any reliance on the Middle East and all the problems that region brings to the globe. I won’t hold my breath waiting for that to occur though.[/quote]

davidd

I am a little bit of a history buff..

this guy has some great podcasts

DC Homepage

sprite

Israel is governed by sociopaths who have named themselves “Zionists” and the brutal elitist program for domination being imposed on the imprisoned population in Gaza is funded by US income tax payers.
    Next time you bend over and prepare for your yearly “voluntary” IRS reaming, keep in mind that you are being forced to contribute to the creation of the following scenes;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ktRkW0yiE

If this stuff doesn’t make your blood boil, then your mind, your being and your spirit have been polluted and co-opted into the Zionist insanity.

davidd

Sprite

I am looking for various points of views.. this video reflects 1 point of view.. as I am sure the other side has similar emotion blood boiling pics as well

I am trying to understand this whole thing..

I do understand the U.S. involvement because of influence.. which is typical getting involved in everyone business..

Sweikert was correct with all sides being at fault for this brutality.. as well as the examples he gave.

how this is still tolerated is beyond me

http://prntscr.com/4954bh

[quote=”sprite”]Israel is governed by sociopaths who have named themselves “Zionists” and the brutal elitist program for domination being imposed on the imprisoned population in Gaza is funded by US income tax payers.
    Next time you bend over and prepare for your yearly “voluntary” IRS reaming, keep in mind that you are being forced to contribute to the creation of the following scenes;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ktRkW0yiE

If this stuff doesn’t make your blood boil, then your mind, your being and your spirit have been polluted and co-opted into the Zionist insanity.[/quote]

sprite

There may be two sides to this issue, but only one side has a moral advantage. If you think there are two sides to consider, please post valid images from the Zionist side of the Zionist wall of hundreds of slain Jewish children similar to the images of slain Palestinian children.

Sweikert has suffered a severe degree of mind control and his opinion is valuable only in the context of observing the degree of propaganda influence on US citizens. In this case, US media portrays the Zionists as brave defenders against terrorism but they cannot ignore the completely one sided nature of this aggression so they blame the victims to mitigate the horrific images of this outrageous crime.

davidd

Sprite

this is why its very difficult if not impossible to engage in these types of discussions.. there is no detachment at all..

here is something I found today that gives an opposing argument

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/03/hang-your-heads-in-shame-a-hollywood-heavyweight-gives-fellow-actors-a-history-lesson/

don’t know if this is true or not.. or even if truth inevitably depends on your vantage point.

Sprite

Moral is a word that is very ambiguous..

in order to use that word effectively.. one must have parameters..

lets say the value of [b]LIFE[/b] itself.. this is a good starting point

and if we used this.. then both sides are wrong.. but some people define moral in many different ways would you not agree???
    [b]
    I just don’t understand why Israel was given a land that did not originally belong to them.. [/b]

Originally before the U.N there was British involvement.. then the U.S. as well as the U.N. in 1947

using the U.N.

there was no VOTE

when Nicaragua lost Guanacaste to Costa Rica .. I belief it was left to a VOTE..

I would think Nica would not have been so accepting if the U.N or the United States of America came in and just gave it to Costa Rica..

has to be more to this story..

Your also correct regarding mainstream media.. but at some point in todays information.. once needs to want to search for the truth.. and the truth shall reveal itself.. not by watching TV.. mainstream media..

[quote=”sprite”]There may be two sides to this issue, but only one side has a moral advantage. If you think there are two sides to consider, please post valid images from the Zionist side of the Zionist wall of hundreds of slain Jewish children similar to the images of slain Palestinian children.

Sweikert has suffered a severe degree of mind control and his opinion is valuable only in the context of observing the degree of propaganda influence on US citizens. In this case, US media portrays the Zionists as brave defenders against terrorism but they cannot ignore the completely one sided nature of this aggression so they blame the victims to mitigate the horrific images of this outrageous crime.

[/quote]

sprite

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”sprite”]Sweikert has suffered a severe degree of mind control and his opinion is valuable only in the context of observing the degree of propaganda influence on US citizens. [/quote]

There we go, I knew we’d get there eventually. As usual in discussions with you, anyone who doesn’t see things exactly as you do must be either stupid, ignorant or brainwashed.[/quote]

Nope. I don’t call people stupid because that would be cruel. Stupidity is hard wired and is a condition deserving of pity and empathy.
    But I do accuse people of ignorance and succumbing to propaganda because I know they can work their way out of those conditions. I have done to some small degree.

pdsnickles
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”pdsnickles”]Personally I would like to see the USA stay completely out of the Middle East.[/quote]

As much as I would like for that to be possible, I just don’t think it is. Let’s face it, the days when any country can just ignore what’s going on halfway around the world are over. We are all interconnected now and that will only increase in the future.[/quote]

It’s just as possible as – as someone else suggested – Americans riding bikes and walking instead of using automobiles (oil).

That is to say, really nothing is possible to change the way things are now. The corporations are in control and the world will continue to deteriorate into wars and economic breakdowns and so on, because you can’t have a good, peaceful, equitable world where Greed rules.

If I may address the bike riding thing for a moment, to do that (which I am all for by the way!) would take a massive re-construction, and re-organization or the USofA. Hardly any major U.S. city is set up for bicycles and walking to work. The economic reality is that people often buy houses when they have a steady job, they lose that job, then have to get another job wherever they can, sometimes 1-2 hours away. The whole economic system would have to change in order to even give a PUSH towards commuting via walking and bicycling.

On the other hand, pulling out of the Middle East as I suggested would take nothing more – and nothing less – than the People taking our country back from the corporate/bankster elite who rule us now, who own our Congress and President etc.

Bottom line:
    Positive change (i.e. FIXING this cr*p) without bloodshed and/or suffering on a major scale is not going to happen. Period.

Change will come in the form of economic collapse, revolutionary uprisings, wars, terrorism, and a complete restructuring of the world order.

What you are smelling now is the New World Odor.

sprite

Right now, those of us living in the States are insulated from the most damaging ravages of the violence of empire. But the tools of empire always come home to roost and are always unleashed eventually upon the homeland citizens.There is already ample evidence of a building police state in the US as our police receive training from the Israelis on civilian population control. Costa Rica is looking more and more like a refuge from the coming violence.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.