Costa Rica’s New Promotional Video

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica’s New Promotional Video

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Congratulations to the Costa Rica Tourism Board for launching an excellent new promotional video to attract Americans and Canadians to Costa Rica.

I have two concerns:

1. Why on earth did they launch this so late in the year? December is the busiest tourism month of the year yet this campaign was launched this week when most people will have already made their plans – Heck Some have already packed! – for the Christmas period.

2. I also wonder why they would launch this using SaveTheAmericans.org and SaveTheCanadians.org when neither of these websites are actually working. I could get two simple websites put up for less than $25 but

What do you think of the video?

Scott

johnnyh

Hi Scott. I find myself a lonely voice with this promotional video in that it’s way too sugary and cute, and it’s turning my stomach. As usual these days, the lack of creativity of applying older well known songs to commercials by advertising agencies and the overdone computer manipulation is overwhelming. I wish a more aggressive campaign had been chosen, but again, I’m probably of a minority opinion.

Andrew
    Keymaster

It doesn’t appeal to me either for the exact same reasons but I am hoping that it does appeal to the majority of people who like ‘normal’ stuff.

Ione

[quote=”johnnyh”]Hi Scott. I find myself a lonely voice with this promotional video in that it’s way too sugary and cute, and it’s turning my stomach. As usual these days, the lack of creativity of applying older well known songs to commercials by advertising agencies and the overdone computer manipulation is overwhelming. I wish a more aggressive campaign had been chosen, but again, I’m probably of a minority opinion.[/quote]

Sorry Guys, but I disagree with you totally! It’s about time ICT got a catchy, fun and attractive ad campaign. This ad will go viral and that is the point in todays tech age. Living here for a very long time, this video and the animals we see every day, make me love this ad and I believe it will do very, very well for the tourism industry.
    Bob

davidd

Scott

I think this video is perfect for the market it hopes to attract.. high stress middle class corporate W-2’s. In todays economy these positions are paying less with more responsibilities.

I know many people in these same scenarios and I bet this will get some peoples down here.

then all you Realtors can paint the dream so they buy real estate 🙂

mr.di

[quote=”davidd”]Scott

I think this video is perfect for the market it hopes to attract.. high stress middle class corporate W-2’s. In todays economy these positions are paying less with more responsibilities.

I know many people in these same scenarios and I bet this will get some peoples down here.

then all you Realtors can paint the dream so they buy real estate 🙂

[/quote]
    Ditto. It’s well done and the song “links you” (takes you back) to the original “feel good” tune.

I like it. I’ve been to CR several times and am saving to move there. I’m an upper middle class educated person working in healthcare/oncology. My job buries me in stress every day. There’s something innocent and silly about this commercial. We have enough serious garbage and sophistication in the world. I go to CR for the nature and simplicity. To say that it appeals to middle class low/average earners sounds a little elitist to me. I think if they would like to improve it, they should show add pictures of Monteverde, Arenal, Osa, scenes of turtles hatching, but sophistication? No thank you. I can’t wait to turn my back on so much sophistication. I want nature and a book.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.