Costa Rica’s New Highway to Central Pacific

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica’s New Highway to Central Pacific

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hooven

Has anybody heard anything about this mysterious New Highway that will cut the drive time from San Jose to Jaco to an hour? There was a big buzz about it in the beginning of the year but I haven’t heard anything about it recently. I was warned not to hold my breath…

Andrew
    Keymaster

This topic has been covered at:

Costa Rica’s New Highway to the Pacific – More delays- April 2007 update. and and

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

hooven

Yes, I read that article four months ago…. I assume Contraloría is not any closer to signing the deal or we would have heard something.

dognlap

When looking at the on-line map for the new highway, it looks the same as highway 27 from Colon to San Juan de Mata and from there on highway 23 to Caldera as found on the map sold from this site. Does this mean that the map I purchased is sometimes showing highways that are planned and do not exist? Are there any more highways like this?

Ripple33

The highway that runs from San Jose to Ciudad Colon is proposed to be expanded to four lanes all the way to the coast. Right now it is only four lanes to the point right before Ciudad Colon where you come straight on to one way traffic coming the other direction. You have to go around Ciudad Colon and continue on a curvy mountain road that takes you through Puriscal and then on To Orotina. The proposed road will go through the valley and cut out the curvey mountain roads and will be four lane directly to Caldera. Anyone have more information on the progress of this road? Any more developments with the company that was contracted for the job? My, things run slow in CR. I do believe that this road will be constructed after over 35 years of talking about it but have no idea of the time line on this project. With the way things are going it may be another 35 years.

napalirick

Anyone know the current status of the beginning of the completion of construction of this highway?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.