costa rican citizenship

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum costa rican citizenship

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sprite

Just a quick query; Has anyone gone through the Costa Rican citizenship process (without the marriage short cut)?

mamayannis

The application was a relative breeze but we’ve been waiting 14 months and still haven’t gotten our Cedula. We are told we were approved, and it should be “any day” now. That could mean several more months.

We did work with an attorney who specialized in citizenship which is why the application was so easy.

sprite

I thought I read somewhere that one requirement for citizenship was the ability to sing or recite the Costa Rican national anthem. I have been unable to find anything that confirms this. Is this true?
    I am thoroughly fluent in Spanish and I know that learning a foreign language is more difficult the older one gets. How many expats in Costa Rica are fluent in Spanish sufficient to this task?

costaricafinca
    Participant

mamayannis, you didn’t apply for citizen ship, but Temporary residency. You cannot apply for this until you have lived here, as legal resident for 7 years.

davidd

[quote=”sprite”]I thought I read somewhere that one requirement for citizenship was the ability to sing or recite the Costa Rican national anthem. I have been unable to find anything that confirms this. Is this true?
    I am thoroughly fluent in Spanish and I know that learning a foreign language is more difficult the older one gets. How many expats in Costa Rica are fluent in Spanish sufficient to this task?[/quote]

Sprite

you will have to pass a civil test in spanish.. NOT sing the anthem :lol::lol::lol:

this goes for all citizenship.. EXCEPT Marriage.. if you are married for 3 years you are eligible

costaricafinca
    Participant

Singing the anthem may be easier….8)

johnnyh

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Singing the anthem may be easier….8)[/quote]

Yes it is. I use to sing it in school and it’s very beautiful. Noble patria tu hermosa bandera, expresion de tu vida nos das…:D

Doug Ward

It’s a waste of time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.