Costa Rica real estate featured on CNBC TONIGHT

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica real estate featured on CNBC TONIGHT

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dhsbooker

Just a reminder, don’t forget to watch Scott tonight on CNBC On The Money. I know here in the states it’s on from 7-8 (est).

Andrew
    Keymaster

I should point out that this CNBC show is about Costa Rica real estate and certainly not about me… The Mike Hegedus interview with me will probably be no longer than five minutes of the actual show…

Mike Hegedus told me that they did do interviews with other people too so hopefully they will give a realistic and broad view of the Costa Rica real estate market…

Scott

Andrew
    Keymaster

Well – I am stunned!

Just watched the very short section on Costa Rica real estate and was STUNNED to hear them refer to Costa Rica as an “island” in the trailers for that segment.

After spending so many hours with them, it’s a shame they chose to include the least important statement that I made about Costa Rica real estate.

Go figure!

Scott

cindyc

Hi Scott,

We were stunned too; although they did say it was between Nicaragua and Panama!? They made the market sound like something it isn’t; all hype and I’m wondering how our friends at “low cost acreage!” are going to fare from this publicity. I’ve been through this with media before; you have no control on what they say, they didn’t even talk about the property you were on, which seemed gorgeous. I bet the Remax guy gets some business…

Cindy

opabh

It might be better this way, To much advertisement is not good. Scott is there a spell check before reply ?? B/H

Re

Have to wonder if this isn’t the good ole USA news being controled by the Gov.! Costa Rica doesn’t exactly pal up to the US. doesn’t back them up on things. Could be part of it!

jasman

I missed it because I had to work. Can someone provide a summary?

jimliesen122

Well, call me an IDIOT!!! I had written on my Friday schedule to watch “On The Money – CNBC – 8 pm” So I went sailing, went and got 2 perfect steaks for dinner, got home at 6 pm (just in case the national feed was on schedule – I live 2 time zones west of Eatern) turned on the boob tube and guess what…. My cable provider showed this program at 4 pm!!!!!
    So, I feel really stupid!!!
    I like Jasman, would love a recap summary too!!!!!
    Jim
    PS – At least the sailing was good… and the steaks were great. BTW, I also watched a movie called “Dreamer”. While this forum is not a personal forum, I must let you know – this movie is exceptionally inspiring and a terrific movie – make sure you see it and have tissues available – even for the men!

Edited on Apr 08, 2006 08:38

maravilla

I missed it too! By the time I figured out what channel was CNBC (I never watch that one!) I missed the whole program. Is there a transcript? Video clip? Summary? Do tell all!

dhsbooker

Sad to say not much to tell. I’m guessing that the entire CR spot maybe lasted 3-4 minutes(if that). There was no mention of the property where the interview was done with Scott. He recommemded that people considering the move live there(rent) 6-12 months to make sure they want to live there. The other spot was with a Remax agent I beleive from the Playa Hermosa area who is just swamped and can’t go on a vacation without someone asking for his business card. A retired gentleman who has lived there for a few years who can live well on his retirement. The spot actually didn’t come on till the last few minutes of the show. If you went to get a refill on your glass of wine you may have missed the entire spot! (lol) That’s showbiz

Andrew
    Keymaster

Yes! I’m afraid the “show” was not quite what we were led to believe… Had you blinked, you would indeed have missed it.

And oh! Boy! Who on earth wrote the trailers for the “show” that said:

“A gold rush in a tropical island”

“We’ll take you to the island getaway.”

They had specifically requested that kind of very upscale property and after spending so many hours with them, it’s a shame they chose to include the least important statements that I made about Costa Rica real estate.

Also a shame they failed to mention that I wrote the only book in existence (for the time being I’m sure) about how to buy Costa Rica real estate which is why they contacted me to begin with&.

I was kind of hoping that for once, I might strike it lucky and get some really good publicity. Just shows you how bloody stupid I am eh?

On a side note, I don’t watch television and was shocked in seeing this “show” and how manically, hyperactive television seems to be.

There were thousands of images here and there flashing on and off the screen and at the end of that little segment about Costa Rica real estate, what exactly did the viewer actually learn?

Not much!

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

bvluckybuck

Cindyc mentioned “our friends at ‘low cost acreage’ and how they may have fared” – is this a group that works with Scott and folks he recommends? I couldn’t find them on the web, but guessing that “low cost acreage” isn’t their actual name! Any info if they are good to work with would be appreciated! Thanks in advance,
    Richard

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.