Costa Rica on TV?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica on TV?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Today the homepage has an feature on a new HGTV show on Costa Rica.. And the following is a request for more.

Surely I’m not the only member that dreams,reads, and watches “All Things Costa Rican”. I spend about 30 minutes a week scanning the DirectTV schedule for my “fix”.

HGTV, Travel Channel, Discovery are some of the few listings where I have been rewarded.

About a month ago, CBS Sunday Morrning had 2 minutes of CR beach and howler monkeys doing their part to impress.

Last year I followed HGTV for months trying to find the results of a new show that was supposed to feature Costa Rica (and was promoted on welovecostarica.com).

Alas, after channel surfing for eternity, I had to give up the ghost and try to go back to a productive life.

Here’s a request: anytime a member sees a worthwhile glimpse of Costa Rica–give a shout out with some info.

I’m hoping that I’m not the only addict. Please help me justify my DVR and Man Cave.

I don’t know if the Discussion Forum is the right place for it, but I’m sure our CR Guru Scott can find a solution for this. He is in the CR Information “Bidness.”

Andrew
    Keymaster

I get all sort of alerts in an effort not to miss any Costa Rica related news and will try to be a little more diligent from now on about informing you about any news Costa Rica related “bidness…” 😆

Our VIP Members are of course welcome to post new news items related to Costa Rica that they may seen in their local newspapers etc…

Scott

mediatica

The HGTV Show “Live Here, Buy This” that you are speaking of that was written about on Scott’s site only aired on HGTV Canada, which is why you were not able to find it on HGTV USA (you can see the show on HGTV Canada’s website–under the show videos). House Hunters international airs on HGTV USA. You can go onto the HGTV website and the shows show which take place on Costa Rica. As for other shows, there are many ‘up north’ but hard for us to post when it’s going to air if we already live here….The House Hunters show mentioned will air in April/May but exact air dates/times are yet TBD.

johnnyh

I love that show, particularly when they go to Central America and South America. Just recently saw the couple that bought a home in Tamarindo.
    I do hope they stay out of the Caribbean side, as it should be kept pristine. Shhh, keep prices down if you know what I mean.:roll:

videolady

HGTV taped an episode in Marbella about 2 weeks ago. I don’t know when it will air. It was part of the HGTV Rental programing. I agree it’s fun to see your favorite places featured.

raggedjack

The thing I don’t like about House Hunters International is those people have huge budgets and are looking at 300-600 thousand dollar homes. I want to see the episode where they are looking at 50 thousand dollar homes or 500-800 dollar a month rent.

I’m sure the big, gorgeous homes entertain more viewers, but I’m looking to do research, not be entertained.

Until NASCAR starts back up….. 😀

mediatica

The Marbella episode was filmed after they left me and my clients in the Conchal/Pirates bay/Playa Grande area. Should be two great shows!

I wish there were $50,000 homes to show clients… With construction material costs rising, it’s hard to find a decent home below $200,000 (at least near the beach).

raggedjack

[quote=”mediatica”]The Marbella episode was filmed after they left me and my clients in the Conchal/Pirates bay/Playa Grande area. Should be two great shows!

I wish there were $50,000 homes to show clients… With construction material costs rising, it’s hard to find a decent home below $200,000 (at least near the beach).[/quote]

No beach for me… I’d want to be higher up. I’m thinking in the GreciaSan Ramon area… Nicer climate, but not too far if I do want to go to the beach for a dayweek.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.