Costa Rica on CNN

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica on CNN

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

“Not so long ago, Costa Rica was a backpacker’s game.

Other than a few business-class hotels in the capital of San José and a handful of isolated luxury properties scattered about the scenic hinterlands, travelers could expect little in the way of genuine comfort while exploring one of the most beautiful and eco-conscious countries on the planet.

Over the past decade, however, Costa Rica’s fastest-growing crop has been a collection of opulent hotels and resort communities, complemented by marinas, golf courses, gourmet restaurants, hot springs and other world-class facilities.”

See it on the CNN website…

[url=http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/16/travel/costa-rica-luxury-travel/]Living large in Costa Rica[/url]

davidd

[quote=”Scott”]”Not so long ago, Costa Rica was a backpacker’s game.

Other than a few business-class hotels in the capital of San José and a handful of isolated luxury properties scattered about the scenic hinterlands, travelers could expect little in the way of genuine comfort while exploring one of the most beautiful and eco-conscious countries on the planet.

Over the past decade, however, Costa Rica’s fastest-growing crop has been a collection of opulent hotels and resort communities, complemented by marinas, golf courses, gourmet restaurants, hot springs and other world-class facilities.”

See it on the CNN website…

[url=http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/16/travel/costa-rica-luxury-travel/]Living large in Costa Rica[/url]

[/quote]

love to see our little country shwoing up on main stream media. maybe we will get more americans moving down here:roll::roll::roll:

englanddh

Actually my wife and I have been contemplated moving there. But we are very avid boaters and are Caribbean style of people, in the fact we currently live along the Gulf coast. So my question is, what kind of marina facilities are along the Caribbean coast? Or the only marina facilities along the Pacific coast?

What are some recommendations of places to look at?

bogino
    Participant

[quote=”englanddh”]Actually my wife and I have been contemplated moving there. But we are very avid boaters and are Caribbean style of people, in the fact we currently live along the Gulf coast. So my question is, what kind of marina facilities are along the Caribbean coast? Or the only marina facilities along the Pacific coast?

What are some recommendations of places to look at?[/quote]

The southern Caribbean side of CR (Puerto Viejo and adjoining towns) are more like simple fishing villages. I’m not aware of [b]ANY[/b] marina’s anywhere in that area and frankly I hope it [b]STAYS[/b] that way for the sake of preserving the areas character and charm. This side of CR is [b]FAR[/b] more “[b]laid back[/b]” an “[b]relaxed[/b]” and if you want to try and visualize the lifestyle there just close your eyes and think Bob Marley. Way different from the Pacific Coast of CR which does have plenty of “marina’s” some of them opulent, but hen again, that side of he country is alo far more “[b]touristy[/b]”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.