Costa Rica Medical story – Incredible!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica Medical story – Incredible!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    erlundbe3

We just back from another short trip to Costa Rica, and I was once again amazed by the medical system there. My family and I were having dinner the the Monestere in escazu (5/5 stars in my book) and my wife had an allergic reaction to some shrimp- not the restaurants fault at all, we know about the allergy, and she thought she could get away with just one shrimp since she loves them, but it didn’t work out that way…

Within 5 minutes of eating the shrimp, her face started swelling up, and then her throat began to swell and close. We left our party and rushed towards the ER at el Cima- luckily, 5 minutes away…

Well, on the way, we stopped at the pharmacy (on the corner of the road heading towards the mall) and asked if they had anything for her. Well, of course they did, plus the pharmicist on staff could give her the injection! My wife stepped behind the counter, got the shot, and within 3 minutes was feeling better and breathing again!

Total cost: 4200 colones! (less than 9 bucks!)

This would have been a $1000+ nightmare- not to mention a minimum of 4 hours of observation at any ER here in the states.

We made it back to party before entres arrived on the table!

wspeed1195

one more reason.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I have had dozens of family members and close friends who have spent a significant amount of time with Doctors at CIMA and it’s always the same story about the lightning speed of service, the compassion, genuine sincerity and round the clock care, total professionalism and incredible prices…

I love this place…

Scott – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

jasman

Speaking of which, does anyone know of a really good hospital or clinic in Heredia? All I could find on the map is the Hospital San Vicente on the SW side of town. Anyone know about this place?

senta

I just came back to US from San Jose to make arraignment with a plastic surgeon and was impressed with the consultation I had and subsequently will have bags under eyes and frown lines the end of June removed and all for $2,500.00> Back in the States: 7,600.00 and plus some! Granted, the Office was rather spartanic and so was reception and waiting room but who needs expensive wallpaper or Persian rugs and 3,000.00 desks to impress patients? This Dr. was even on 20/20 and I liked his highly professional approach. Senta

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.