Costa Rica land sales commission

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica land sales commission

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    pvida

Can anyone tell me what is the reasonable sales commission percentage in raw land for the brokers. i’m trying to unload some of my properties in CR and not overpay for commission.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I don’t think too many real estate agents will even return your phone call or reply to your emails unless you offer them the minimum 5% and depending on your location – if it’s a hard to get to location – they may ask for 10%.

Most successful real estate agents in Costa Rica – the ones you WANT to do deal with – have more business than they can handle so, I would encourage you to be flexible ‘if’ you want to sell your land.

As an example of that success, according to the National Association of Realtors in an April 2006 study, the typical Realtor in the USA is a 52 year old female who has been in the business for nine years and has a gross personal income of $62,300 …

I starting recommending a woman real estate agent (new to real estate sales but very successful in business and had built her own homes in a couple of countries) in May 2006 and she’s already earned over $80,000 in her first nine months in the business helping our VIP Members find their perfect home in Costa Rica.

You can live VERY well in Costa Rica on that kind of money …

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

pvida

thank you, i’ll keep that in mind

marion

i thought most brokers charged the commission to the buyer, in the 7-10% range? or are the brokers charging both sides without anyone knowing…is there any way to ever know for sure?

mediatica

Sellers always pay for commission, unless otherwise specified. That is how it is in the states as well. That is why it’s free & a great idea to work with a knowlegable buyers agent.

Hope

Hi Pvida, Would you consider listing the types of properties you are attempting to unload? We are presently looking for land. if it’s something we might be interested in, we could contact you directly through your email?

Andrew
    Keymaster

This site will NOT be used for the private sale of real estate in any form.

Should someone wish to sell their real estate on this website and they are not a professional real estate sales person they can visit our Help-U-Sell section at

Best wishes

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCoistaRica.com

Hope

My humble apologies. I did not realize that this was not allowed. It won’t happen again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.