Costa Rica Housing Market

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica Housing Market

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ken

I’ve heard it’s a buyers market presently in CR, but are properties selling fairly well? I rehab and sell homes and would like to do the same there. Any comments on this subject would be appreciated.

Ken

Andrew
    Keymaster

It depends on the type of property and the location

I met with friends of mine this morning who have proven experience in real estate development in the Central Valley, I have been consulting with them about their current project and their new project that they are about to start at the beach on the Central Pacific.

They have purchased the land but have not yet dug a hole and last week their sales people (who I assure you are very low key) telephoned their clients that have purchased their apartments to see if they would have an interest in their project at the beach.

What was the result?

In two days – they sold 20 of their new beach apartment homes and again, they have yet to put a spade in the ground.

I will be writing more about this in a few weeks..

Scott – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

bigsnook

Do you know anything about the Costa Montana developement outside of Jaco? I sent for info and they have been calling me ever scince. Dont know how reputable or good of an area this is. Any info appreciated.

Thanks!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Please give me their website details and I’ll try and take a look…

Scott

bigsnook

http://www.costadevelopers.com.

Thanks for anything. I very interested in purchasing retirement property and just starting to look.

jimliesen122

You might want to grab a beer and sit down and read completely through the entire Paragon thread. BTW, when these guys call and leave me messages, they incorrectly pronounce Costa Rica as ‘cost-ah reekah’ instead of ‘coast-ah reekah’ and it drives me nuts!!!

mbrydenthal

Bigsnook,

We also requested information on Costa Monatana, we had to talk to a loan officer in Florida, and then this guy kept calling me, we recieved a packet and a nice DVD, RED FLAG #1 the salesperson was way to pushy, I told the salesperson, that were not interested in that area of Costa Rica, RED FLAG #2 Sales rep got mad when I told him i wasnt interested he said Ive wasted his time and also asked why I requested the packet in the first place. Not a good experience which gave me more reason not to look into that developement…

I also sell real estate (Coldwell Banker, FLagstaff AZ)for a living and know this is not how you treat a customer especially someone buying in a forign country for the first time,

we visited Costa Rica and did some exploring….we met with numerous “agents” most did not impress me…..we did end up purchasing a home and a lot in Samara through ABC Real Estate….they were very knowledgeable of the area we wanted to purchase in…

My suggestion to you is to plan a trip do some exploring based on what you require in your purchase and talk to A LOT OF PEOPLE while you are here…if you are not completely comfortable…DONT DO IT

Matt Brydenthal

bigsnook

Thanks for the info. The guy kept calling me and telling me how fast they were selling so I told him if they’re selling that fast you dont need me. He didn’t like that and havent heard from scince!

In no rush, plus I’m looking into Brazil also.

Thanks!

DaveT

Matt,
    Do you mind if I contact you via e-mail? I read your posting and I happen to be looking in the Samara Beach area for real estate as well and am planning a trip in April, and would like to hear more about your buying experience. I had also just started to make contact with ABC Real Estate (Peter Marte).
    Thank you,
    Dave Terry
    daveterry73@juno.com

linda8421

This is actually a different company. They are doing a development above Los Suenos in Carara.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.