Costa Rica Home Prices Under $50K

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica Home Prices Under $50K

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    aguirrewar

it [b]seems[/b] that is a MAGIC number or maybe play the 75K one

quantity VS quality

Walmart VS. Sears

when the homes in CR fall to the prices of the income of a CR worker then you will see a SWING

but until then you will see RENTERS

nothing wrong with a rent payment since it is the same as a mortgage payment with a SMALL difference; IT is not your property

I read that 40% of new CR families are renting because they cannot afford to buy a new house

I have $$$ and not worried about that since I have GRINGO $$$ and can afford to BUY

LOOK!! around you and find out who??? lives next to you, is he/she a renter or owner

would rather live in an hill where there are OWNERS then a valley of renters

maybe I am out of line here!!

maravilla

hmmmm, i live in a community where we have mostly owners, but a few renters. the renters are retirees, come from professional backgrounds, some have a house in the States they haven’t yet unloaded, so their money is tied up and they are renting here. Except for one unpleasant person who lived here for about a year, the other tenants have been helpful, responsible, and basically very good neighbors. the owners of the houses that are rented either live in the States or have a second home somewhere else and prefer to have someone living in the home they don’t occupy for security reasons. now, what was the question??

aguirrewar

“when the homes in CR fall to the prices of the income of a CR worker then you will see a SWING.”

That is the question or maybe Laura should be one of the members in this forum

I mean Laura Chinchilla

got another question???

Andrew
    Keymaster

According to the Costa Rica Chamber of Construction:

35.000 familias no califican para bono ni para crédito de vivienda [ http://www.nacion.com/2011-05-16/ElPais/NotasSecundarias/ElPais2765467.aspx ]

“Según datos de la Cámara Costarricense de la Construcción (CCC), el precio promedio de una casa de 90 metros cuadrados en una zona urbana actualmente ronda los ¢65,8 millones. En el 2000, esa misma estructura costaba ¢16,7 millones.”

According to the data from the Costa Rica Chamber of Construction the average price of a 90M2 house in an urban area is around ¢65,8 million (US$131,863). In 2000 the same structure cost ¢16,7 millones.

Today’s exchange rate is ¢499:US$1 and for some inexplicable reason this morning I cannot find the exchange rate for the year 2000

So just like many other countries, real estate prices in the urban areas of Costa Rica are most definitely way out of reach for a family in Costa Rica earning the average wage.

Scott

maravilla

As of may 2000 it is 305 and is devaluating at around 17 cents per day. A yearly devaluation of 20% is expected.

waggoner41

[quote=”maravilla”]As of may 2000 it is 305 and is devaluating at around 17 cents per day. A yearly devaluation of 20% is expected.[/quote]

Is that devaluation of 20% current or for the year 2000? 😕

maravilla

the article was about the colon in 2000, so i assume that was the year for the devaluation they mentioned.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.