Costa Rica Cost of Living

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica Cost of Living

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rf2cr
    Participant

One of the questions we had while trying to decide if we were going to move to Costa Rica was cost of living, have found a source that has helped get a feel for what things cost that might help others going through the same. Hipermas publishes a weekly flyer (like the supermarket weekly flyer you get here in your Sunday paper.) If you go to their website you can find prices for everything from clothes to groceries and appliances. And the good news is that you can almost certainly find your fruits and vegetables fresher and cheaper at local farmers markets.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Please feel free to post the website addresses…

We did produce a great ‘Cost of Living’ report at one time but keeping it up to date has proved to be impossible – sorry!

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

rf2cr
    Participant
    xmattkx

Thanks for that link!

I was never a proponent of Walmart in the US, but Hipermas, particularly the new one in Escazu is such a lifesaver. I spent months looking for some things that they have regularly in stock.
    There are some great new stores making life more affordable and manageable here. I love the store “Play” in Paseo de las Flores. They have such good sales on electronics especially on small things the prices are close enough to US price that I don’t bother having people bring things down anymore!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.