Costa Rica CITIZENSHIP- DOES IT MATTER?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica CITIZENSHIP- DOES IT MATTER?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kmlmck

SCOTT-
    I AM A FLORIDIAN/ FUTURE EXPATRIOT
    I LIVED IN HERMOSA FROM 97 TO 2001; MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN IN CARTAGO AND MY WIFE IS A TICA FROM TRES RIOS; DOES IT REALLY MATTER IF I APPLY FOR CR CITIZENSHIP OR NOT?
    FRANKLY I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS THE 4 YRS I LIVED THERE- BUT AM TOLD BY MY ATTORNEY THERE I SHOULD.
    MY PLAN IS TO DEVELOP THE REAL ESTATE I NOW OWN IN ORATINA INTO – WELL SOMETHING.
    TOURISM; BED AND BREAKFAST TOURS ETC.

THE QUESTION: WILL IT CHANGE ANYTHING REGARDING IMPORTING VEHICLES; OR TAXES ON BUSINESSES I DEVELOP? WHAT ABOUT TAX INCENTIVES OR OWNERSHIP OF PROPERTY?
    THANKS

Andrew
    Keymaster

You’re asking enough questions to literally fill a book but the bottom line is you are getting advice from an attorney and you would probably be best listening to your attorney …

The relaxed form in which Costa Rica has approached immigration matters WILL CHANGE and it will probably change for US citizens first because the USA is working hard behind the scenes to try and find out EXACTLY what you are doing here… So plan accordingly.

In my opinion, as a US citizen married to a Tica, it would be VERY, VERY useful for you to also have Costa Rican citizenship so why not take steps to arrange that now …

Scott

Chica2006

Dear Scott,
    I’m Russian citizen & Permanent Resident in USA. I have only Green Card. I can have a passport for travel. Can I apply for CR citizenship and how to start?
    Thank you for your time and any kind of assistance.
    Maria.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.