Costa Rica attorney costs for residency?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica attorney costs for residency?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Antonic

Like to know if any body know the cost of attorney in costa Rica to complite the nesesery document for residency of costa rica thankyu.
    Antonic

Andrew
    Keymaster

It does vary dramatically depending on the attorney and their firm.

I have heard of rates ranging from US$1,200 – $2,500 per person.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

DavidCMurray
    Participant

The last time I looked at their website, I think I recall the Association of Residents of Costa Rica’s affiliated attorneys were charging $870 for pensionado residency for the first person and about half that for the second. That does not include governmental fees, revenue stamps, translation costs, the costs of obtaining the documents in the United States, having them authenticated there, Consulate fees, or the partridge in the pear tree.

We were referred to Lic. Romulo Pacheco who did a fine job for us. We’ve referred friends to him, too, and they have all been very pleased with his work. He’s in the Casa Canada building where ARCR is located.

mediatica

To add to Davidcmurray’s comments: My parents, my husband and myself all used Romulo Pacheco as well. He was quick to get all our paperwork filed. We became legal residents last October and the paperwork was filed in July. My husband and I paid around $1,300 for the both of us and a $600 deposit and of course, about $75 for all the other documents needed. I would recommend him to others.

Could you please provide the business address for Lic. Romulo Pacheco so I could add him to my address book?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Portland, Oregon

rf2cr
    Participant

David & I used Javier Zavaleta for our immigration process, we had a slightly complicated situation as we don’t have a straight forward pension and Dave is English and I American. Javier did a great job getting all of our paperwork together and through both the CR Consulates in London and Los Angeles. The cost for the two of us was $1,800.00 and that included a full day in San Jose with his sister taking us to get certificates from the US Embassy, fingerprinting by the CR police, doing something with a lawyer etc.

You can get in touch with Javier at jzava@yahoo.com.

Ruth

DavidCMurray
    Participant

You can reach Romulo Pacheco by e-mail at crlexs@racsa.co.cr. His office phone (from the U.S.) is 011-506-255-1592; from within Costa Rica, it’s 255-1592. He also has a website with up-to-date residency information, but I don’t have it.

If you are a member of the Association of Residents of Costa Rica and referred by them (downstairs from his office), you get their preferred rates. You might ask him about that in your first contact.

Please tell him that Dave Murray referred you, as there is a ten-colone referral fee in it for me.

terrycook

Dear David…just sent an email to Romulo Pacheco….what is ten Colones a nickel? Also am a aquaintence of Scott Oliver and was there for 3 months last year. I also have been in contact with another dave on the site and he has said he would spill his guts to me on how to survive a cheaply as possible. I was a member of Arca but dropped out before my wife laid her surprise divorce on me. Hope to meet you in person when I come to stay this summer any private info you are most welcome to send to cookterry@sbcglobal.net
    Terry Cook

DavidCMurray
    Participant

The current rate of exchange is about c517 = $1.00US, so ten colones is almost two cents.

I should have mentioned . . . Sr. Pacheco gets a lot of spam. In the past, he’s said that you should put something like “COSTA RICAN RESIDENCY APPLICATION” in the Subject line of your e-mail so that, in his haste, he doesn’t think it’s spam and delete it without reading it. If you don’t get a reply this week, write to him again.

maravilla

i used javier as well, as did at least 7 other friends i have in costa rica. we were all very very happy with his fees and his expertise.

mediatica

Tom: Addresses here are not like addresses in the USA. Romulo’s office is located in La Sabana in Casa Canada, 2nd floor. If someone has a better address, you can chime in. His address is not on his card, but you can call him (number above) and ask him personally or his assistant. Good luck!

Antonic

Thankyou oll for good information re Attorny for emigration we will choose one of them thankyou again.Antonic

Antonic

Hi David we contact Romulo Pacheco it is not clear to me in his webside seythe contry where we coming from thay hafe to sand pension to costa rica i do not know if any contry will do thet i toth the bank statement will be proved any comen on this thankyoy.

terrycook

Ruth…was that the total cost for the entire process…as we say tax title and license…..
    thanks terry from texas…oh and did they do everything there…all the copys translated etc?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.