Costa Developers Denial &¨Lies Continue

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Developers Denial &¨Lies Continue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    midiman 07

After pointing out in an email to Costa Developers(CD) in-house attorney that I bought my properties from CD, I signed Purchasing Agreements with CD,; I made payments to CD for all three lots, paying off two in full; I received paid invoices, deeds and corporate papers for two of the lots from CD, CD´s COO Jorge Flores gave the verbal o.k. to M. Mussio for Tri-Con Construction to set up their worker´s camp on my lot # 11.

This making CD the guilty, liable and responsible party in the dispute with me over my property ownership rights.

I asked CD´s legal counsel to admit they were guilty, to issue a formal apology to me(something COO Flores said he would do in our first meeting about the matter) and to offer me a compensation package to my liking.

Unable to produce the most basic of a professional valid legal response to my inquiries of mine spanning several months, CD´s legal counsel called in the bigshot
    Attorney Arnaldo Bonilla., who´s provided extensive legal services for CD for several years.

His response was to place a gag order on all communications with me by all CD staff personnal regarding my dispute.

Silence speaks volumes. Mostly it says I have something to hide and am guilty

Because the truth never is silent. It doesn´t have to be.

Because you can´t defeat the truth. Or ignore it, unless you are lying or have something to hide.

Mr Bonilla insisted all communications be between him and I.

Having the consideration and courtesy, something CD not given me for over 25c days now, I sent him my COMPLAINT. Doc.

So he might realize that CD´s position(of denial and silence) was both criminal and indefensible.

In it, I listed eight undisputable facts, events and occurrences which resulted in the confiscation, occupation and extensive damages being inflicted on my once pristine, undisturbed, virgin land at Costa Montana Estates, with CD´s approval and complicity.

I also sent him a DISCOVERY. doc., wherin I asked where CD got its´contractual, or other source of rights to use my properties without my authorization, consent, permission or compensating me for doing so; communications or documents notifying me of their invasion intentions, of me authorizing the, what is now nine month occupation of my properties or offers of compènsation for the extensive damage done to my properties and the clear violations of my property ownership rights.

Like their in house attorney, Mr. Bonilla choice has been ignorance of the facts and incompetence in addressing the serious criminal wrongdoings of his client, Costa Developers.

*Lotus

I hope you have retained a competant attorney as that is what you need.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Let us please keep the comments about this company in this thread or in the other thread at

We do not need to start a new thread.

For our education, we would very much like to know what legal action you are taking to try and protect your interests.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Imxploring
    Participant

How about a good old fashion quick resolve to this problem. They placed materials, buildings and trash on your property. Is there a problem with hiring a man with a bulldozer for the day and simply “clearing” YOUR property by pushing their (the developer) problem into their road and calling it even? It would be worth it to me to do so even if I had to pay the man and the dozer double his going rate! And what might the “developers” defense be to such a SIMPLE solution to this misunderstanding? It doesn’t seem he has a leg to stand on. Seems I read that the local governments were doing this to buildings in beach areas where folks had expanded their businesses into the maritime zone. Seems the same solution would apply here. They have no legal basis to fight your actions if you do indeed have clear title… so rather than waste time and money on a legal process… take action! I’m sure once they see the dozer they’ll be more then happy to compensate you and make you whole for the loss you’ve suffered.

Edited on Nov 06, 2007 19:37

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I think Imxploring offers a great resolution to this problem. Give them a week’s written notice, hand delivered to the seniormost official you can reasonably reach. Tell them that either they restore your property to its original condition or else you will clear it, restore it to its original condition, and take legal action to recover your costs.

soflodoug

Dear sir, When I first started looking at properties in costa rica near the beach about a year ago i encountered properties at good prices in esterillios bejuco from these people. They by their admittance tried to sell a house that they did not have all the permits for and other legal issues and the house was even standing nearly completed. I told them i wanted to get title insurance and thats when a person identifying them self as an attorney advised me they could not offer me clear title to the property not before they tried to get money from me,deposits whatever they could. I being a realestate professional for many years ran not walked away. Sir you have a big problem and these people,they are professionals and in my opinion,were not from my experience looking to give me advice for my protection until i cornered them with the correct questions from my experience.
    I can understand your frustration and I dont like to see this kind of thing. If you want the name of an attorney who i would trust and have trusted with many matters and received good results so far please email me and i am happy to give you his information for contact, but always immediately pursue title insurance in your contract for any purchase and require to receive a title commitment from the title company or the contract becomes cancelled and void if not received. If the seller doesent like it then run away from the deal dont walk!!
    Additionally you may want to contact a title company to search if you have not yet to see if you even own the property outright?
    soflo

Edited on Nov 11, 2007 02:48

Edited on Nov 11, 2007 02:50

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.