Corporation tax is unconstitutional but you still must pay…

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Corporation tax is unconstitutional but you still must pay…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    davidd

Funniest thing

http://www.qcostarica.com/editorial-if-the-law-creating-the-corporations-tax-is-unconstitutional-why-do-i-have-to-pay/

[url=https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/5083.cfm]Year 2015: The Last Year of the Corporation’s Tax.[/url]

Should I pay or should I go?

so.. she loves me…. she loves me not… she loves me .. she loves me not

🙂

barbara ann

we have been here almost 6 years before the corporation tax was enforced. It is getting to the point that by the time you pay all these fees to live here you could live in florida.

They just tripled our property taxes in Jaco, why you ask. well there is a luxury tax that is enforced for all homes over 125k colones …you have to pay it. they raised our assessment to 118 thousand colones.

what does that tell me?

As a former realtor and a person that does not trust government period….they are pushing the valuation to get you to the luxury tax level so you can pay another tax for the services you get here.

my opinion. It would be nice if they removed the corporation tax, we just paid ours because that is the way we were brought up…pay your bills.

What is ironic is that Costa Ricans, example a house across the street, has not paid his property taxes for twenty years.

The assessor talked to my husband when he was going through our area and told us that is not unusual.

davidd

Barbara Ann

unfortunately the way you were brought up as many of us to pay just “pay your bill” is incorrect. This very same tool is used by large companies and governments to leverage middle class into paying because of the way we view debt and obligation.

rich and powerful people do not see money the same way

and even the ticos know this..

and after living here for almost 14 years now I must confess I have to agree with them

[quote=”barbara ann”]we have been here almost 6 years before the corporation tax was enforced. It is getting to the point that by the time you pay all these fees to live here you could live in florida. They just tripled our property taxes in Jaco, why you ask. well there is a luxury tax that is enforced for all homes over 125k colones …you have to pay it. they raised our assessment to 118thousand colones. what does that tell me?As a former realtor and a person that does not trust government period….they are pushing the valuation to get you to the luxury tax level so you can pay another tax for the services you get here. my opinion. It would be nice if they removed the corporation tax, we just paid ours because that is the way we were brought up…pay your bills. What is ironic is that Costa Ricans, example a house across the street, has not paid his property taxes for twenty years. The assessor talked to my husband when he was going through our area and told us that is not unusual.[/quote]

pebo1

I tend to agree, why should I even pay the 2015 tax if it is ruled unconstitutional. Also only 6% of people have been paying the tax which was a huge surprise.

Imxploring
    Participant

Barbara Wrote:

“As a former realtor and a person that does not trust government period….they are pushing the valuation to get you to the luxury tax level so you can pay another tax for the services you get here.”

Could you tell me WHAT “Services” that might be??? LOL I must have been away when they started providing service in CR because I haven’t seen it…. an urban legend perhaps??

The “Luxury” tax is one of the most confusing taxes these clowns have put in place…. and if I’m not mistaken it was “earmarked” for programs that would never benefit anyone that paid it. Just another ill conceived program that perpetuates the reputation the folks running CR are earned.

davidd

[quote=”pebo1″]I tend to agree, why should I even pay the 2015 tax if it is ruled unconstitutional. Also only 6% of people have been paying the tax which was a huge surprise.[/quote]

6% sounds off but I would say.. most of the smart people that had tons of S.A. for everything already moved the assets into 1 corp.. then abandoned the others

if you own an active business you cannot get a personaria unless he S.A. is updated or do anything with the corp.

so what probably affects that 6% number are the abandoned corps that will liquidated over time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.