contemplating a move to the San Ramon area

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum contemplating a move to the San Ramon area

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    colleen.1

[quote=”RicaBound”]Thanks for much for all the input! While we do plan on spending some time in the area we choose before buying we are trying to narrow down the areas to concentrate on. We are looking for (hopefully) daytime temps in the 70’s for the most part – and being rural is not really a problem for us – more of a perk. Any information you can give is much appreciated 8)
    [/quote]
    We live up in San Isidro, Grecia and the weather temps are just perfect. I can email you many more details if you want.

RicaBound

[quote=”bogino”][quote=”costaricafinca”]To find temps of 70’s during the day will be very hard to find. You must be at a [i]very[/i] high altitude for this.[/quote]

What about the Orosi Valley? I mentioned that in an earlier post but got no reaction. I believe temps. in that area average in the ’70’s.[/quote]

We will definitely being looking at this area – thanks so much for the suggestion!

RicaBound

[quote=”colleen.1″][quote=”RicaBound”]Thanks for much for all the input! While we do plan on spending some time in the area we choose before buying we are trying to narrow down the areas to concentrate on. We are looking for (hopefully) daytime temps in the 70’s for the most part – and being rural is not really a problem for us – more of a perk. Any information you can give is much appreciated 8)
    [/quote]
    We live up in San Isidro, Grecia and the weather temps are just perfect. I can email you many more details if you want.[/quote]

Any details you can give us would be great! We are very interested in this area too! Here’s our email – kdh_35@hotmail.com 😀

costaricafinca
    Participant

I just checked the [url=http://weather.mirbig.net/en/CR/01/3621877_San+Isidro]temps for this area, San Isidro[/url] at 1.00PM and it was 86F, while in [url=http://www.yr.no/place/Costa_Rica/Heredia/San_Josecito/]San Josecito de Heredia[/url] it is 1,000 ft higher, at 4,500 ft and so much cooler, at 71F and where I have visited the [url=http://toucanrescueranch.org/]Toucan Rescue Ranch[/url]

You really are best to check these micro-climates for yourself, as what is perfect for one is not necessarily perfect for someone else.

pebo1

We have property in Orosi Valley overlooking Lake Cachi, beautiful climate, cooler, greener and around 4000′. All within about 25 mins to Walmart, shopping centres etc east of Cartago.

[quote=”bogino”][quote=”costaricafinca”]To find temps of 70’s during the day will be very hard to find. You must be at a [i]very[/i] high altitude for this.[/quote]

What about the Orosi Valley? I mentioned that in an earlier post but got no reaction. I believe temps. in that area average in the ’70’s.[/quote]

bogino
    Participant

[quote=”pebo1″]We have property in Orosi Valley overlooking Lake Cachi, beautiful climate, cooler, greener and around 4000′. All within about 25 mins to Walmart, shopping centres etc east of Cartago.

What about the Orosi Valley? I mentioned that in an earlier post but got no reaction. I believe temps. in that area average in the ’70’s.[/quote][/quote]

I’m actually headed back to CR in December specifically to look at properties including Orosi which has become more compelling for me versus the Atenas/Grecia area. I plan to spend 3 to 4 days in Orosi scouting.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.