Container Shipper

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Container Shipper

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rebetzen

Can anyone recommend a container shipping company leaving from South Florida?
    Thanks,

linstev44

Arden Brink of Ship Costa Rica walked me through every little step, and answered every dumb question, with mucho patience. My household goods and car arrived with no problems. I highly recommend them. Their truck just moved me from Grecia to Puriscal, and again they were the best!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Search for articles written by Arden Brink and you’ll find her contact form, it will take you about five seconds.

sueandchris

Arden is hands down, unquestionably the BEST!

hunter

[quote=”rebetzen”]Can anyone recommend a container shipping company leaving from South Florida?
    Thanks,[/quote]
    There is a difference between one who knows about all of the ways to ship, i.e. give the right advice on the logistics vs. the actual people who are doing the shipping. Make sure, absolutely sure that you get the documentation from the supposed shipper to make sure they are “official importers with license to do such shipping”. We had a miserable experience and after the fact found out that the front man is a Canadian who simply hires a guy to do the foot work. The foot work guy is not a licensed importer with the correct knowledge or paperwork to do such work. It’s just like Realtors. Anyone can say they are one!

redelvis

Contact Arden at:
    arden@shipcostarica.com

Highly recommended!

chetohrt

Just completed having items shipped by shipcostarica,
    the process went very smoothly, special thanks to
    Arden and Barry, I would also highly recommend this
    company, very professional!

Bibi
    Participant

Thanks to all the recommendations here for ShipCostaRica, we decided over a year ago that they would be the outfit to use for our move from Virginia to Nosara.

Between Arden, Louise and Barry, we got every question (both the good ones and those from the “worry warts”) answered quickly, competently and convincingly. Stateside, Jeanne in Charleston was our helpful shipping contact.

Even when we were hit by a huge storm on June 29, taking out power for a good part of the state for several days, Arden answered our panicky emails on a Saturday, and when we decided to re-schedule the container 5 days before loading day, the team made it happen. Bumping the local packing/loading crew was a bigger challenge, but somehow that fell into place as well. 🙂

We have been able to follow “our” ship here http://www.marinetraffic.com and we know that the container has arrived in Costa Rica. We have full confidence that the last leg of the journey for our stuff will take place as planned, but we will report back, after everything has been delivered on top of our hill in Nosara.

If you are considering a move and trying to figure out which size container to use, find some containers somewhere (we found both 20 and 40 footers parked behind Sam’s Club) to better visualize how much room you will need. For a good while, we were sure we could make do with the smaller size, but as time went by, we started doubting, and we ended up filling 2/3 of a 40-footer. Difference in price is small, relatively, and we were so glad we did not have to decide on the spot what we could not bring after all. You don’t want your things to fall out when the doors are first opened! Better to have room for a “retaining wall” inside.

[Just posted a detailed Update. Clicked SAVE… and now what? Where is the text?] [Will try again :?] [Retyped everything, but it times out before I am finished typing, and everything is lost. Don’t have time now to re-type it all a third time, sorry…]

pharg
    Participant

Apart from the topic under discussion, I have to say that the URL Bibi mentions, http://www.marinetraffic.com, turns out to be a fascinating place to spend some free time – the Strait of Hormuz, for example, looks primed for a multiship collision any minute; and the Block Island Ferry is a few minutes late getting into Point Judith.:shock:

VictoriaLST

Try http://www.solutionscostarica.com. Charles Zeller had our container picked up at our home and transported to the departure port. Probably Tampa for you. He makes the arrangements. Nothing broken, bruised or lost in our shipment. It lands in Puerto Limon and goes to Alaguela for Customs, then gets sent right to your door in CR.

Joan&troy

[quote=”Bibi”]Thanks to all the recommendations here for ShipCostaRica, we decided over a year ago that they would be the outfit to use for our move from Virginia to Nosara.

Between Arden, Louise and Barry, we got every question (both the good ones and those from the “worry warts”) answered quickly, competently and convincingly. Stateside, Jeanne in Charleston was our helpful shipping contact.

Even when we were hit by a huge storm on June 29, taking out power for a good part of the state for several days, Arden answered our panicky emails on a Saturday, and when we decided to re-schedule the container 5 days before loading day, the team made it happen. Bumping the local packing/loading crew was a bigger challenge, but somehow that fell into place as well. 🙂

We have been able to follow “our” ship here http://www.marinetraffic.com and we know that the container has arrived in Costa Rica. We have full confidence that the last leg of the journey for our stuff will take place as planned, but we will report back, after everything has been delivered on top of our hill in Nosara.

If you are considering a move and trying to figure out which size container to use, find some containers somewhere (we found both 20 and 40 footers parked behind Sam’s Club) to better visualize how much room you will need. For a good while, we were sure we could make do with the smaller size, but as time went by, we started doubting, and we ended up filling 2/3 of a 40-footer. Difference in price is small, relatively, and we were so glad we did not have to decide on the spot what we could not bring after all. You don’t want your things to fall out when the doors are first opened! Better to have room for a “retaining wall” inside.
    [/quote]

Please do post back on the site once you receive your shipment. My husband and I will be moving to Costa Rica in December and are currently getting quotes from shippers. In addition to household goods we are shipping an auto as well. We would be most interested in hearing about how your move works out. Best of luck to you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.