Construction worker wages?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Construction worker wages?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    costaricafinca
    Participant

[b]Canadianman[/b] as a fellow Canadian, I beg to differ in regards to your comment that the [i]Ticos[/i] take longer coffee breaks…
    They drink their coffee [i]fast[/i]… in comparison to a North American..and get back to work.
    And they don’t keep stopping to admire their work…

Doug Ward

Any ” carpenter” that works for less than 15 to 1800 is nothing more than a grass cutter with a saw and tape measure.
    Like anywhere else…you get EXACTLY what you pay for.
    My guy gets 2500/hr.

Jim S.

[quote=”Doug Ward”]Any ” carpenter” that works for less than 15 to 1800 is nothing more than a grass cutter with a saw and tape measure.
    Like anywhere else…you get EXACTLY what you pay for.
    My guy gets 2500/hr.[/quote]

I agree that a skilled carpenter or other professional such as electrician or plumber should earn in excess of 2,ooo per hour but don’t agree that you necessarily “get exactly what you pay for”. My experience has been that some of the highest paid workers I’ve used have been some of the worst.

Again, I recommend that you pay the prevailing wage, no more and no less. If you don’t know what the prevailing wage is in your area for the type of work you need done, find out by getting multiple bids whether you’re paying by the hour or by the job.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.