Construction of a swimming pool in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Construction of a swimming pool in Costa Rica

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dhsbooker

Does anyone have an idea of what the cost to build a small in ground pool? Also, are pool chemicals easy to find?

Thanks

*Lotus

I was told around $10,000 by a builder near Jaco,I thought that was a little high. It probaly also depends on what part of the country you are in. I think you can find an article on this site regarding pool construction?

wspeed1195

that seems fair. i’ve built pools ,actually i’ve built everything from doghouses to shopping centers.houses screen enclosures,just anything.give me blueprints and go home period. the reason I make this point is A swimming pool is an art.especially when you have rolling terrain and slopes.it may need berming or A retainer wall. you have infinite edges that are the rave now.from shooting grade to the diamond brite finish is not all the job.you’ll run into water. pools are the one phase of const. where you literally take the bad with the good.your profit is never safe. some jobs eat the profit.A good pool builder is worth his weight in gold to you.any specific questions,ask I’ll try to answer. building A house is repetitive motion. A pool, every job is unique and takes skill to forsee difficulties.

Edited on Apr 02, 2006 17:18

*Lotus
    dhsbooker

Thanks for the info. That will certainly help with an idea of when we build a home and know what is left for a pool. We currently have a pool in Florida, so I am at least familiar with the chemicals and pool filters that need to be maintained.

anneliseped

Dhsbooker,
    Maintaining a pool in Costa Rica will be much like the effort needed in Florida. We found that the greatest difference for us was in the amount of debris and the ph level of the water,,, maybe because of the acid rain from the volcanoes???
    If you are close to San Jose, you can get all the material needed at ‘Aquarium’ on the road past MultiPlaza off Highway 27, about 1km past the roundabout by the plaza, on the left hand side. I have found the staff to be very helpful and knowledgeable. They also have filters, nets, vacuum hoses and ends as well as solar blankets for the cooler areas.
    Good luck,. We enjoy our pool and find the effort worthwhile.
    AnneLise

Rita

wspeed1195
    Thanks for directing me here. Do you know any builders in the Tilaran area, we are going to need a reasonably priced, reliable person for a 1 bedroom house and later, a 3 bedroom house with a pool. The lot is sloped about 10 ft in 200 ft.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.