Concessions

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Concessions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    koty

Any one know of any movement in the moritorium on concession granting? I know I have posted this question before but….. no answers.

Koty

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’ll give you the same answer (I think) koty…

I know MANY well-known Costa Rican real estate attorneys that refuse to give advice on this topic because it’s so incredibly complex, variable and time consuming so I apologize ahead of time, I don’t think you’ll find the answers here in our forum

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

koty

Thanks Scott, I know the issue is very confusing. I just have to wonder, with all of the beachfront properties that are being sold there has to be other people out there who are in the same situation that we are. Basically, that we own the rights to a piece of concession land but no building permits are being issued due to a case in the court system between two regulating agencies who want to have rights to grant concessions and thus building permits. I know I saw an article this spring about the issue in the paper because it is losing a lot of tax revenue for the country as this case is being decided. Local municipalities are not collecting the taxes they could if concessions were granted and people started building. Ok, if anyone knows anything or has heard anything let me know. The whole thing is teaching me all about patience.

Koty

Andrew
    Keymaster

Costa Rica will definitely teach you to be more patient – whether you want that teaching or not 🙂

In my opinion, it’s been great for me, I am far more relaxed and laid back than I have ever been before.

I love this place warts and all.

Scott Oliver
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.