Concession News?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Concession News?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    koty

Has any one heard anything about the granting of concessions along the pacific coasts? We bought our concession land 3 years ago and nothing has happened, although some resorts etc. have been put in and are going strong. We own the rights to concession property in Palo Seco and have been (im)patiently waiting as we would like to build. Does anyone know how the resorts on concession property are being given building permits? Yes, we have a lawyer, and yes we may need a new one. Any information would be appreciated.

Koty

Andrew
    Keymaster

It will very much depend on the municipality, most of whom are TOTALLY OVERWHELMED at the moment.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

PS. None of the recommended attorneys I work with want to get involved with this at all unless it’s a HUGE deal, there’s simply too much work, hassle and BS for too little pay – Sorry! But that’s what they tell me and that’s the way it is with ‘concessions’.

koty

Does that mean that the plano reguladors are being approved for each individual municipality? If so then, the municipality can grant concessions? I was under the impression that each municipality no longer could grant its own concessions. Has that changed? this was the issue that was brought to the courts a while back and determined that there would be one governmental agency issuing concessions. Is this true or am I confused/ Your right…. concessions are a pain in the a…….

mrwoody20

We have a lot in the same area. I understood as well that it was a “federal” agency that needed to approve – not the municipality. I had heard that the condos that were going up did not have their concessions either – but supposedly did have building permits. I had also heard a year or so ago, that the municipality could not grant any “legal” building permits until the concession thing got sorted out. I find it hard to believe that those big organizations would build those condos if there was a risk that the concession would not be granted and they would lose their investment. Bottom line is I’m not sure what to believe.

Minuit

MrWoody you can believe it, we have seen worse !!! Just look at the beach in Jaco. They don’t even respect the 50 meter of public maritime zone !!!

Joni: My knowledge is that there are 3 professionals in all Costa Rica to approve the value of your land, which has to be done before granting the concession….and those 3 persons have a 2 years waiting list to check out all properties, according to the date of your concession request, so it can take time.
    A friend of mine is looking for another private professional who could do the job, and be approved faster. I’m expecting news soon.
    About giving permits without concession, it is getting harder in Parrita area because the person who did grant those permits in return of some tips is now under high surveillance, so he is being quiet now….
    We keep in touch for any news ok ?
    Hasta Luego
    Jo

mrwoody20

Thanks, minuit – we would appreciate any updates or news you may have. We are in Canada and finding it difficult to get information or when information does come, getting it confirmed. Our corporation originally filed papers over 10 years ago, however we have only owned the corporation for less than 1 year – anyway, we sure would appreciate any updates (mrwoody-20@hotmail.com) and if you supply your email, we will advise on any info we may receive
    Thanks again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.