Colones or Dollars

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Colones or Dollars

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    lyncota
    Participant

Greetings from the Caribbean coast!
    @sweikert925: Like the views and the persona. Maybe lacking in the style points!
    Actually, I have felt for quite a while that the opinions voiced on this site were way too conservative for me. Unlike many of the folks that post here, I am leaving the States not because I disagree with the current state of affairs there, I just want to be someplace warm that’s not Florida. And on the Caribbean coast, there is little need for air conditioning. Just a ceiling fan once in a while. And the Caja…..glad the US in going in that direction. It’s the future, whether you like it or not.

davidd

Lyncota

thank you for your input.. its very well appreciated and I love to listen to all points of views.. even though I may disagree does not mean I discourage or would say something to offend or argue with you.

personally.. I find i am at my best when I keep an open mind and listen to all points of views which gives me perspective because in the end its all about our own individual decisions that we will follow anyway.

One thing i will agree with you.. the caja “Obamacare” is indeed the future whether I like it or not.. 🙂

watch out for those melon frogs :D:D

[quote=”lyncota”]Greetings from the Caribbean coast!
    @sweikert925: Like the views and the persona. Maybe lacking in the style points!
    Actually, I have felt for quite a while that the opinions voiced on this site were way too conservative for me. Unlike many of the folks that post here, I am leaving the States not because I disagree with the current state of affairs there, I just want to be someplace warm that’s not Florida. And on the Caribbean coast, there is little need for air conditioning. Just a ceiling fan once in a while. And the Caja…..glad the US in going in that direction. It’s the future, whether you like it or not.[/quote]

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”lyncota”]Greetings from the Caribbean coast!
    Actually, I have felt for quite a while that the opinions voiced on this site were way too conservative for me. Unlike many of the folks that post here, I am leaving the States not because I disagree with the current state of affairs there, I just want to be someplace warm that’s not Florida. And on the Caribbean coast, there is little need for air conditioning. Just a ceiling fan once in a while. And the Caja…..glad the US in going in that direction. It’s the future, whether you like it or not.[/quote]

When you say that the US is going in the direct of the CAJA do you think that’s a good thing? Seems the CAJA in CR has some MAJOR operational and financial issues that are starting to fester. Big problems that can only be solved with MONEY…. the question then becomes WHO’S money? Any social program that promises health, welfare, and safety sounds wonderful on paper… or during a speech… it’s the paying for it part that seems to always get in the way! The future might not be so wonderful… no matter how we feel about it! LOL

Just wondering…. what’s so wrong with Florida?

davidd

this is a cute video.. and has very interesting points

http://youtu.be/b-SHZxplMmM

just to be clear I dont believe any sides or labels.. or any one savoir .. but the principles are correct

pixframe
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″] Some people are always going to be afraid of progress, especially some among the old who have lost any sense of optimism for the future.
    [/quote]

Of the many definitions of the word “progress” are: 1> a movement forward or toward a place, and 2> the process of improving or developing something over a period of time.

For many (both young and old and, even, those somewhere in between) it’s not the “fear” of progress … it’s the knowledge that the process is NOT improving the human condition.

As Winston Churchill said: The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.