Clinica San Rafael, Liberia

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Clinica San Rafael, Liberia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    VictoriaLST

Not all of us live near San Jose, so I am happy to be able to recommend this Liberia Clinica where I just had a two procedures. Dr. Vargas, gastroenterologist, speaks excellent English and his staff was very professional. We had the results immediately along with a CD for my referring physician. I also had my pre-procedure blood work done at their location. When Dr. Vargas heard that I was concerned about a mole, he had the staff phone a dermatologist who arrived in 15 minutes, examined the mole (no problems), and removed it.

Compared with my experiences in the US, I have to rate this experience as better overall than those. Very professional but also very kind and personal. Also very cost-effective even compared to CIMA in San Jose.

Clinica San Rafael is just off Aviendo 0 about two blocks south of the church square. Easy to access and so much closer than San Jose.

waggoner41

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]Not all of us live near San Jose, so I am happy to be able to recommend this Liberia Clinica where I just had a two procedures. Dr. Vargas, gastroenterologist, speaks excellent English and his staff was very professional. We had the results immediately along with a CD for my referring physician. I also had my pre-procedure blood work done at their location. When Dr. Vargas heard that I was concerned about a mole, he had the staff phone a dermatologist who arrived in 15 minutes, examined the mole (no problems), and removed it.

Compared with my experiences in the US, I have to rate this experience as better overall than those. Very professional but also very kind and personal. Also very cost-effective even compared to CIMA in San Jose.

Clinica San Rafael is just off Aviendo 0 about two blocks south of the church square. Easy to access and so much closer than San Jose.[/quote]

Is this clinica a part of the Caja system?

costaricafinca
    Participant

No this is a private clinic and has been in Liberia for quite a few years. This year, it has been enlarged so it now offers an emergency area and operating room. Oh….and deliver babies!
    It is a beautiful facility and I too, have used it and recommend it it highly.
    Not all the doctors speak English, though.

Doug Ward

One more vote. There’s a vascular doctora there named Lorena Grillo. Excellent.
    There’s also an opthamologist named Dr. Julian Vidaurre who did wifeys cataracts and made me some proper lenses unlike the clown optometrists(glass salesman) who litter the country selling junk.EDIT. His office is in Liberia central.
    “I can see clearly now…..but the rain aint gone.”:cry: OLDness.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.