Ciudad Arenal

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Ciudad Arenal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    terrycook

Can anyone give me a lead for someone who can find me a low priced very budget) hotel in the city of Arenal. I am considering going back and staying at Hotel Dorothy in La Fortuna as it was clean and nice and Cheap at $6.00 per night private room and huge bath with outside dining cold beer etc. But I think I may do well to go to Arenal as that may be a better place to consider moving as a permenant place to be? I will be in this local for about 3 weeks.
    Help? Comments?
    thanks coming on July 12 and can not wait!
    Terry From Texas

genincr

On this site you might find what you are looking for: http://www.arenal.net/hotel/
    Have a good time in Costa Rica.

terrycook

genincr. Thank you very much that is a great site I have not seen. I did find one place that was on the top end of my budget (I am very cheap…not frugal) I have stayed all over the country and have booked for this trip many places for a max of $14.00 night. I have never been disappointed yet. But having said that thanks for the help and I hope the one place comes through. I have a good feeling that Ciudad Volcan could be a good place to land.
    Terry From Texas

tomasino

Hi Terry. I am curious to find out what places you stayed at in CR for $14.00 or less. Would you mind sharing the names and locations of these hotels?

terrycook

Tomasino, I would be glad to share…some are actually much less some more.
    In San Jose I stay at a place that is ok but not in the best area (coca cola) but stayed there last year for a few weeks and had no problems…
    1. in San Jose…Hotel LaPampa…..$8.00 night
    2. in Puntarenas Harbor at aparthotel GRAZ $150.00 Month! right at the beach.
    3. In Golfito at El Gran Ceibo Hotel set rate is $20.00 night but I have not gotten a weekly rate yet. I am sure they will do better.
    4. In Cahuita Sol Y MAR looks very nice $175.00 Monthly…private cabinas at the beach…living room,bathroom,full kitchen bedroom.
    5…HOWEVER I have run into a problem and could some help in Quepos or Dominical. I was booked at Thrusters in Dominical but they are closing so I need a lead
    6. In La Fortuna and Hotel Dorothy as mention above nice clean but simple $6.00 night with bedroom window view of Arenal.
    I have one more but misplaced it…at Lake Arenal..will edit soon
    OH in addition to Dominical I still need something in La Suiza/Turrialba area but have heard that should not be too big of a problem but Need help here too.
    thanks
    I leave this coming Thursday YAYAAAAA!!150 wonderful days(or maybe forever)

Terry From Texas
    add one more thanks to genincr (above) found Cabinas El Castillo..nice cabins on a bluff with great view of Lake Aernal and Faces active side of Arenal..$21.48 night…
    All places have some form of eating place and at least beer if not full bar…..
    Terry From Texas
    Found one more in Turrialba HOTEL Interamericano $11.00 night (shared bath (: or $60.00 week…not bad. for a few more bucks you can get private bath.

Edited on Jul 05, 2007 11:35

Edited on Jul 08, 2007 10:05

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.