Chiropractor Please

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Chiropractor Please

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DavidRushton

My wife needs a good chiropractor preferably in the western part of San Jose (Curridabat or San Pedro). I went on line but the best I could find was photos of chiropractors having a party. There were no links to offices, phone numbers, websites etc.Finding one seems to be a real pain in the back.

gkbiz

There is a good American one in Jaco. Is that too far? Let me know. You could go surfing while wife is getting “manipulated”.

terrycook

Hello, last time I was in San Jose for 3 months…I went to an american dr and his wife in the bank of nova scocia sp? near the childerns hospital…sorry do not remember the name but they seemed very good and were quite good and honest…..and a good value…hope this might help
    terry from Texas

DavidCMurray
    Participant

There’s a good husband and wife team (he trained in the U.S. and she trained here in C.R.) who practice in Atenas and in San Jose someplace. He works on me regularly. They’re involved in an attempt to form a professional association for chiropractors, so if they can’t take you themselves they may be able to refer you to someone.

Probably the best way to contact Dr. Sashe Ellison is via e-mail at: sellison33@msn.com since his office staff (in Atenas, at least) speaks little English. Tell him I referred you.

Doug Ward

There was a female osteopath at CIMA… An osteopath is basically a chiropractor that can actually take and read an xray, ultrasound, MRI etc. and write prescriptions.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I don’t think that’s quite a fair characterization of osteopaths, Doug. An osteopath is a graduate of a professional school curriculum which includes all the training that an allopath (M.D.) receives and then some. The “then some” includes manipulative medicine which is arguably similar to what chiropractors do. Osteopaths can take postgraduate training and become specialty board certified in all medical specialties.

Osteopaths are legally permitted to render all the services that M.D.s can render. Increasingly, osteopaths have staff privileges in hospitals previously reserved for allopaths. Chiropractors practice a limited range of physical manipulative therapies.

That said, who is the D.O. at CIMA? Is she still there? And does she do manipulative therapy? Not all D.O.s do.

Oh! And many chiropractors are trained and equipped to take and read x-rays.

Edited on Apr 10, 2009 05:40

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.