Chinese medicine in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Chinese medicine in Costa Rica

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    philipbennie

Can anyone recommend an acupuncturist who is also a herbalist either in San Jose or anywhere else in the country?

Thanks

*Lotus

There is a clinic in Jaco, don’t have time to google it, her name is Michal an Israeli expat. Trained in Israel and China great!!! Google holistic care/acupuncture Jaco.

Here you go:

http://www.costaricamassage.com/

Edited on Aug 16, 2007 18:20

dkt2u

Michal lives here in Esterillos Oeste where we do. We know quite a few people that have used her services and they all recommend her.

jenny

There is one that I am going seeing here in Grecia, he is very good and he speaks English. He also has an office in Alajuela and San Jose. His name is Maurice Acupuncturist 360 9800

Antonic

Iwill recomend Dr.KIM OK GWAN he speak english he is wery good i see people who he help i am deabetic and i wos on 8 diferent medication he cut my medication on half reduce insulin and i have more energy then ever people coming to hem from oll over the the world i come from Australia to hem god bles his hand he is more then good.please fine the e-mail next. dr.kimokgwan@gmail.com tel:(506)231-6361 good luck Tony.

Dr. Kim Ok Gwan, Ph.D, OMD – Rohrmoser (231-6361 / 4health@racsa.co.cr) – 10,000 a visit. He does MANY clients at one time. They also sell some special natural potions like for mosquitos, women’s issues, high blood pressure, etc. He speaks good English & often entertains people with his flute in between sessions!

Eugene McDonald – Escazu (Centro) (352-0661 / acutherapy0@hotmail.com) – Gene does traditional accupuncture but he usually uses this little hand held gizmo that gives off an electric stimulation. It’s called AuriculoTherapy. It’s like acupuncture but withOUT needles – an electric stim type gizmo that goes around the acupressure points inside your ears which then goes to various organs, etc. (Chinese medicine going back THOUSANDS of years!!) & he usually has AMAZING results!!!!

I had a guest get off the plane – barely able to walk from sciatica – a problem she’s had for years & in 1 visit & 2 months later – STILL NO sciatica (I hear he has like 98+% success rate with sciatica!!). She even got to go on the Canopy Tour which she didn’t think she should originally!!!

I had a guest that was treated by Gene for 30 days for Alcohol withdrawal & after just 3 days & still – 2 months later – the thought of alcohol literally sickens her (of course she MUST now deal with the emotional issues behind it for it to really work).

I THINK this gizmo does something to help with the chemical imbalance (ahhh – the lay persons version but don’t quote me on it!!).

I went to Gene for MEGA Stress the day before a Bocas run (not much sleeping or eating & on MEGA overdrive) – I walked away about 80% better! I had one friend that was literally on “the edge” & after seeing Gene for a couple of weeks – she was back in balance! Period cramps & PMS – WOW results!

His card says he can assist with Sports Injuries, Neck & Back, shoulder, elbow, whiplash, carpal tunnel, sciatica, sacro illiac, stress, tension, headache, migraine, depression, anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, epilepsy, flu-cold, sinusitis, hemorrhoids, tmj, facial paralysis, appetite, vomiting, arthritis, kidney stones, hemiplegia, one side paralysis, addictions, constipations, diarrhea++

MY belief is NOTHING can work if you don’t believe it will!! (I’ve had people tell me they were “healers” & that tweeked me as I believe that Spirit can’t even “heal me” if I’m not wanting to receive!!

Ruth Lopez at HARMONY CENTER – Escazu (San Rafael) (288-4658 / http://www.HarmonyCenters.com / info@HarmonyCenters.com) – ON Calle Vieja near Calle Country Club – next door to the House of Self Empowerment & The Fountains Guesthouse – Accupuncture – She spends one-on-one time with you & utilizes other techniques like color therepy. I hear REALLY POSITIVE things about her!! 20,000/session. They also do Massages – Therapeutic – 30 min. $30. Anti-Stress –$65/60 min., Andian Head Massage – 45 min. $40, Complete Massage & Facial – 1 1/2 hours $100, Foot Reflexology – 15 min. $25. Also – facials from $30-$60. Wraps $50. Scrubs $50.

Daniel Frankson – Los Yoses – near the Subaru Dealer (225-8765) – He speaks both English and Spanish – Besides being a certified acupuncturist he is also a chiropractor. I have yet to hear of a single complaint- only praise.

LOTS of SUCCESS healing!!

Vicki
    The Fountains Guesthouse-Escazu

I was in the area & just stopped in to say “hola” to Dr. Kim tonight & he has a new email address: Dr.KimOkgwan@gmail.com & his new website (in the process of being created & it will have some VALUABLE info on it) is: http://www.DrKimCostaRica.net

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.