Chelation Therapy

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Chelation Therapy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    stevezim

Anybody have any experience with chelation therapy to clean the calcium out of the arteries? I found a Dr. Solano that does this therapy at CIMA but haven’t contacted him/her yet. Do you know of any other doctors that do this in Costa Rica? If you did the chelation therapy what were your results?

Thanks,

Steve Zimmerman
    Tuis de Turrialba

Andrew
    Keymaster

Having heard great things about la terapia de quelación – but I’ve had no personal experience with it – I would be very grateful if you would keep us in the loop as to how this goes for you Steve…

Scott

waggoner41

[quote=”stevezim”]Anybody have any experience with chelation therapy to clean the calcium out of the arteries? I found a Dr. Solano that does this therapy at CIMA but haven’t contacted him/her yet. Do you know of any other doctors that do this in Costa Rica? If you did the chelation therapy what were your results?

Thanks,

Steve Zimmerman
    Tuis de Turrialba[/quote]

There are a lot of treatments that apparently work but the medical industry doesn’t recognize and some that are pure quackery.

I have no idea whether chelation therapy works or not but there is a good pharmocology read at [url=http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/chelationpharm.html]The Pharmacology of Chelation Therapy[/url]The name of the site is Quack Watch and this article is under Quackery Related Topics.

[url=http://nccam.nih.gov/health/chelation/]Questions and Answers: The NIH Trial of EDTA Chelation Therapy for Coronary Artery Disease[/url]

Doing a search using “chelation therapy calcium arteries” will bring numerous sites with information.

Andrew
    Keymaster

History is full of examples of proven medical treatments which have been brutally suppressed by the “medical industry.”

Modern medicine is not about curing people, it’s about making money! Remember that “industry” word…

I have just finished two different books on Royal Raymond Rife “arguably the greatest medical genius in all recorded history” [ http://www.rense.com/general31/rife.htm ]

Have you seen Burzynski The Movie – Cancer Is Serious Business? See more at: [ http://www.burzynskimovie.com/ ]

Scott

maravilla

the only quack in quackwatch is the guy who runs it. he is nothing more than a shill for Big Pharma and his job is to push their agenda while criticizing anything that doesn’t make Big Pharma money. He is the least credible person I know when it comes to anything that isn’t mainstream western medicine. anytime someone quotes Stephen Barrett as a source of reliable information, i feel it is my duty to point out the truth.

*Lotus

“Modern” medicine is full of wonderful treatments, but too many Doctors will only rely on testing verified with the scientific method. Quantum physics will soon start to be able to help us understand why certain non-traditional therapies work. For instance the science cannot explain why/how acupuncture works or homeopathic medicines; yet many major hospitals/Docs rely on these therapies. There is certainly plenty of anecdotal evidence; but science will catch up, just think where we were a mere 100 years ago.

Here is a good explanation from the medical center my doc is affiliated with (Yale MD).

http://www.patientsmedical.com/treatments/chelationtherapy/chelationtherapy.aspx

Not all therapies work for everyone whether conventional or alternative. I like doctors who use the best of both worlds.

agarcia

Hi
    Does anybody know someone here who provides leeches for cleaning of the blood?

Thanks

maravilla

i would ask a campesino, or find a curandero.

*Lotus

Ironically “blood letting” was considered a legitimate therapy, practiced by doctors through the 19th century. I wonder if in a hundred years future generations of MD’s will be sitting around the break room saying, “Can you believe they pumped people full of toxic chemicals and shot dangerous levels of radiation into the body to heal the sick?”:wink:

stevezim

Thanks for all the info, I would like to do this therapy in conjuction with hyperbaric oxygen treatments, I have a friend John who gives the oxygen treatments here near Turrialba for a reasonable price, John Erb is 81 yrs old and looks like he’s in his 60’s. He’s been taking the oxygen treatments his whole life. I can try both of these treatments for a month or two and get a new calcium score and see if there is any improvement. Don’t know yet whether my private INS policy will cover any of this. I really liked the article recommended from Patients Medical. I will keep you informed on the results. Thanks again. Steve

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”*Lotus”]Ironically “blood letting” was considered a legitimate therapy, practiced by doctors through the 19th century. I wonder if in a hundred years future generations of MD’s will be sitting around the break room saying, “Can you believe they pumped people full of toxic chemicals and shot dangerous levels of radiation into the body to heal the sick?”:wink:[/quote]

The difference, of course, would be that the eighteenth century bloodletters (more commonly barbers than physicians) had no clinical basis for their practices. That compares poorly with twentieth and twenty-first century objective data that reflects that “. . . pump(ing) people full of toxic chemicals . . and radiation . . .” actually alleviates or cures many diseases and conditions.

You need go no farther than to ask our dear friend, Linda Winstanley, who, thanks to those “toxic chemicals” and “dangerous levels of radiation” is now free of liver cancer just as her sister-in-law has been free of breast cancer for fifteen years.

Next time you get a strep throat, ask yourself if you’d rather be “. . . pumped full of toxic chemicals . . .” that have a long history of effectiveness or sent home to die.

maravilla

there are many cures for many things, not just cut, burn, and poison platform that is the the hardline propaganda of the AMA and Big Pharma. there is actually some validity to the use of leeches, and the use of maggots to eat diseased flesh. both have been used in extremis in the US when nothing else worked. the maggot thing is really gross, but it works, and has saved many lives.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

You’re absolutely right, maravilla, leeches and maggots have been used successfully by mainstream practitioners. So which is it you advocate for strep throat, leeches or maggots? For breast and liver cancer? Or for appendicitis?

maravilla

i am a firm believer that antibiotics, when used appropriately, are the best and sometimes only cure. for cancer, i’m not so sure. and if that were my dx, i would go the alternative route before i submitted to the abuses and poisons of Big Pharma, most of which only extend you life by a few months (and the occasional “cure”) but leave you wasted and prone to other cancers. i would have a hard time with the leeches and maggots to be honest but i recognize their value. i’m deep into preventatives rather than resorting to the so-called cures and have been lucky to have never needed anything more drastic than a dose of penicillin (last time was after i found a tick in my bellybutton!!!) jejeje

*Lotus

The difference, of course, would be that the eighteenth century bloodletters (more commonly barbers than physicians) had no clinical basis for their practices. That compares poorly with twentieth and twenty-first century objective data that reflects that “. . . pump(ing) people full of toxic chemicals . . and radiation . . .” actually alleviates or cures many diseases and conditions.

You need go no farther than to ask our dear friend, Linda Winstanley, who, thanks to those “toxic chemicals” and “dangerous levels of radiation” is now free of liver cancer just as her sister-in-law has been free of breast cancer for fifteen years.

Next time you get a strep throat, ask yourself if you’d rather be “. . . pumped full of toxic chemicals . . .” that have a long history of effectiveness or sent home to die.[/quote]

David you point out the obvious and I agree. I was simply using my imaginative powers to reference a possible future event, to be taken with a firm tongue in the old cheek. But something to think about none the less. (I was inspired by agarcias snarky remark:)

As I point out in my original post I like the best of both worlds and it has served me well over the years. As noted my Integrative Doc (Yale MD) practices and has been trained in many disciplines both traditional and “non-traditional”.

I never suggested one should choose leaches over Chemo for cancer or acupuncture to kill the bacteria that causes strep. I do think this kind of an extreme reaction just further stigmatizes non allopathic treatments that are often non-toxic and can be very beneficial (sometimes used in conjunction with more traditional methods).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.