Checking residency paperwork online

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Checking residency paperwork online

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    VictoriaT

I know someone posted a link where you can check your paperwork online. Could you repost please? I lost it somehow

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hmm!

I may be wrong but I don’t think the Costa Rica Immigration Department (or any other government department) has reached that level of efficiency yet..

VictoriaT

Ah but it has. Checked it a long time ago but all the papers are in now…

CHERYLJK

In my CR notebook, which I have been compiling over the years, I wrote down the following: To check your residency application, go to http://www.migracion.go.cr. Go to the left side and click on “Estados de Expediente”. Put in your number – no dashes – just the number, and the next line, put in the number that is showing to the left of the box. It will come up with your status.

Now, I don’t know where I read this, and I didn’t write down a date. Since I don’t have a folio/file number, or whatever it’s called, I couldn’t try it out. I am still waiting for my number. Guess I’ll have to make another call!

I also remember reading that the information on the website isn’t updated regularly.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Unfortunately, while you can check it…it likely won’t give you a time line, and there is must be a [size=200]huge[/size] pile, somewhere, waiting for signatures…
    Many have stated that their file has been at this same status for a year or more.

VictoriaT

Must be some step missing….

costaricafinca
    Participant

According to others, once your file has reached the second stage,’Resolución Firma’ it [i]usually[/i] sits for an extended time period…probably several months. Note: the principal with a dependent, both may not necessarily be approved at the same time.

The third step is “Resolución Notificada”, which means your application has been resolved — hopefully approved — and you need to arrange to have your photo and digital fingerprints taken, for your [i]cédulas[/i].

Then arrangements must be made to affiliate with CAJA, and then return Migración where you will pay additional funds.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.