change a bank password

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum change a bank password

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dbserv

I need to tsf funds from my Banco National Account to my lawyer’s in order to pay the new corp tax. However it seeems it is time to change my passowrd – something I have never done. I have tried numerous times – if anyone out there with time on their hands can type out step by step instructions for me I would greatly appreciate it!
    So far I have tried clicking the `change password` box under the Identification box and put in a new PW but it tells me it is incorrect.
    A friend does it by NOT clicking the change password box, I guess, but that didn`t work either.
    Its a pain in the butt, let me tell yah! LOL

Andrew
    Keymaster

I do not have an account at BN but agree that the password changing process can be a bloody nightmare.

I have 11 pages of different usernames and passwords (in a password protected file) for various sites (including banks) and some need changing every 30 days, some 3 months and some more…

Some require the you type in the information and others require you to use your mouse to click on the letters of a keyboard on the screen to type in the data – Bloody awful!

I’m assuming you are using English with this? So you understand the ‘change your password’ instructions, yes?

Scott

gkbiz

[quote][/quote] I have tried numerous times – if anyone out there with time on their hands can type out step by step instructions for me I would greatly appreciate it!
    So far I have tried clicking the `change password` box under the Identification box and put in a new PW but it tells me it is incorrect.
    A friend does it by NOT clicking the change password box, I guess, but that didn`t work either.
    Its a pain in the butt, let me tell yah! LOL[/quote]
    BE CAREFUL!!! At BNCR, if you try several times and fail, they lock you out and that opens up more problems where you have to plead for some bureaucrat to unlock your account. You may already be in that situation if you are going nowhere on the site. The BNCR has very good English support. 2211-2000, ask for Danina Dixon and she will guide you on the phone.

The bank page asks you every once in a while to renew your password. When this happens you put in your old password, and then it asks you for your new password and to confirm it again.

When you forget your password, you click on “change password” but from what I know (has been years since I did that)you had to put in all your information again, debit card number, security code, secret number etc……….. so maybe the error is somewhere there.

Question, If you sign in the regular way (your Id. first) can you still use your old password ? If so, just keep using it until you are asked to change it.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

(This is hardly the daunting task that some represent it to be.)

1. When the initial page generates, enter your Identification number just as you always do.

Click the box to the left of “Cambiar mi clave”.

Press Enter on your keyboard.

2. Read the page that explains the limits on what can be used as your password.

The simplest thing is to enter [b]four consonants[/b] followed by [b]four numeric characters[/b]. The new password cannot be a nearly identical variation of the the current one, nor can it have been used in the previous twelve months.

3. Enter your current password. Click the <– key in the lower right corner of the virtual keyboard.

4. Follow the instructions to enter the new password.

I’m not going that far, but use your computer’s keyboard for those four consonants and the on-screen virtual keyboard for the numbers. Click the <– key.

If you have entered an acceptable new password, the system will inform you that your password has been changed.

Banco Nacional is transitioning to a requirement that you have one of their random number-generating tokens in order to do some online tasks. Creating a link to a new account [u]may[/u] require that you have a token. If so, the only way to get one is to visit your local BN office.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.