Caravan Tours

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Caravan Tours

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Does anyone have any experiences (good or bad) with Caravan Tours in CA?

Thanks
    Bill

Andrew
    Keymaster

Our friend Frank Kaiser of Suddenly Senior seemed to enjoy their trip to Costa Rica with Caravan Tours as you can see from his article at

Scott Oliver

koty

My parents went on a very enjoyable trip to Costa Rica with Caravan last December. They said the accomodations were great, the guide and bus driver were fun and they felt they got their money worth. They are in their late 60’s and early 70’s. Unfortunately, their bus got in an accident by Arenal. Several people got hurt, not seriously. The whole tour was given a free voucher for a free trip, which they also took and loved. I think this shows that the company has integrity. They said they would use the company again. Hope this helps.

debbiesurfs

Frfiends of my folks went to Costa Rica with Caravan and all they could tell me was they could not undersdtand how Caravan could be making money with everythign they got on the way.

Bus tours are not for me but if this is your thing, you gotta check these boys out

My wife & I had a fantastic trip with Caravan. The cost was reasonable the accomodations were great (except for Jaco – hotel under reconstruction), and there were so many included activities for the reasonable price ($999/10 days/dbl occupancy). The trip gave us a great and broad exposure to many parts of Costa Rica, and caused us to fall in love with the country and people.

Our guides were knowledgable, helpful, friendly, gave personal attention, and made us feel like friends. Our main guide, Elston, was an expert naturist, had a dozen years of experience guiding in Costa Rica, and was friendly and anzious to answer any question we threw at him. Our guide in Tortuguero invited us to his family’s restauraunt, and ended up being our waiter that night (mom was short handed). After dinner, he introduced us to his family, and showed us a scrapbook of their family’s history and of Tortugureo. I never could have imagined this level of hospitality.

I highly recommend Caravan to families or couples who want to see a lot of Costa Rica and get a lot of value.

Phil & Tiffany Rosenberg
    Chicago, IL

RichyB

Do you think a single 60 year old man who is going to move to CR would benefit from this tour?

Thanks.

RichyB

I don’t know yet. I am 60, single and have booked a tour in Jan. I will let you know.

Bill

RichyB

Thanks, Bill. Enjoy your trip.

Richy

DavidCMurray
    Participant

In January 2005, we took George Lundquist’s four-day tour of the Central Valley which is aimed at folks who are thinking of moving to that part of Costa Rica. It’s not a sightseeing tour although we certainly saw a lot of sights.

George is a wealth of information, has been around awhile and can give you authoritative answers to your questions, and is a great host. I can recommend his tour without reservation. (Well, actually you will need a reservation . . .)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.