Caravan tour of Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Caravan tour of Costa Rica

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JD213

We are thinking of taking a caravan tour of CR sometime in Jan. to see what part of CR we like best. Has anyone done this or know of better way to see a little bit of everything while there.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Are you referring to the tour company called Caravan Tours that takes people on a bus around Costa Rica or, are you referring to travelling around Costa Rica in a small caravan of your own?

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

DavidCMurray
    Participant

JD, if you’re referring to a Caravan Tours tour, I can tell you that we’ve had guests in our guest house who took it and thought it was marvelous. And we have friends from Great Britain coming in February to take it, too. They’ve traveled with Caravan Tours in other countries in the past. For seeing the sights, I think it’s a very good bet.

On the other hand, if you’re looking for information on places to live in Costa Rica, I think you can do better. George Lundquist does four-day tours of the Central Valley for folks who are thinking of moving here. We took his tour in 2005 and felt it was money very well spent. George is a fountain of information. And there’s a company based in San Ramon who does tours of the Central Valley, too.

I think George Lundquist also does some tours of coastal areas, and I believe he’ll do custom tours. So if your agenda is about looking for a place to live, I think there are better options than a Caravan Tours tour.

JD213

Yes, I was referring to the Carvan Tours tour. Thanks for information. This is a great site.

Edited on Nov 03, 2007 23:49

Edited on Nov 03, 2007 23:49

koty

My parents did a tour with Caravan and were very happy. It was reasonable in price and a good overall tour or popular places in Costa Rica. They also were happy because they were in a bus accident while on tour (not Caravan’s fault) and Caravan gave them a free tour for their inconvenience. My parents are in their 70s but many others in the group were much younger.

Koty

dognlap

Even though Caravan likes to advertise their tour price of $995, in much smaller letters they note that there are taxes of $149 based on double occupancy. So, don’t forget about the taxes and fees.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.