Car rental

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Car rental

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Km1204

We will be spending three months in Costa Rica from beginning of next year and we are planning on renting a car for the entire time.
    I though I would check and see if anybody know of any particular rental companies that offered better deals for long term rental. We are flying in/out SJO
    Thanks

gkbiz

[quote=”km1204″]We will be spending three months in Costa Rica from beginning of next year and we are planning on renting a car for the entire time.
    I though I would check and see if anybody know of any particular rental companies that offered better deals for long term rental. We are flying in/out SJO
    Thanks[/quote]
    This is the most expensive time of year. On top of rental you will pay min $13/day mandatory SLI insurance & $ 1.95/day license fee. Also, if SUV, it will be more for insurance! The rental fee is after the above 2. I do this same time of yr for 6 weeks and it ain’t cheap.Some Credit Cards will cover the collision damage waiver max 30 days (3 contracts necessary). Good Luck but be ready for the shock. Beware of the bargains where you get a 4 yr old car with 200,000 km driven on CR roads. Breaking down in CR ain’t fun and could be dangerous!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Please take a look at our Affordable Car Rental sponsor on this website …

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/Affordable-Car-Rental-In-Costa-Rica.cfm ]

Scott

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”Scott”]Please take a look at our Affordable Car Rental sponsor on this website …

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/Affordable-Car-Rental-In-Costa-Rica.cfm ]

Scott[/quote]

That is a great link to some very informative articles! I have a “package of information” that I send to our friends, family and rental guests that are coming to visit with us, and that link just got added!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.