Canadians Living In Costa Rica Are Panicking!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Canadians Living In Costa Rica Are Panicking!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    maravilla

but really, vicki, shouldn’t you be declining the use of CAJA given your right wing prejudice against universal health care? and how is 50,000,000 people without health insurance having the wool pulled over my eyes? oh, that’s right. YOU get to move to a third world country and suck off the medical system that you didn’t want for citizens in YOUR country. NOW I get it! And i suppose you think that $1500 and up a month for a family of 4 is a good rate for medical insurance??? what about all the people who can’t even be insured thanks to some pre-existing condition? I never understood why you right wingers are so merciless and heartless.

VictoriaLST

Who said I had CAJA? But you are so right about the heartless part. Big heartless me wants to know what is in the congressional bill before it gets signed. And big heartless me wants the 7,000,000 people who are losing their coverage to be able to make a choice. Merciless me wants children to get vaccinations so they don’t get sick and die of preventable disease. I want GMOs with larger crop yields to feed the hungry. I am a female Scrouge.

maravilla

you WILL have CAJA when and if you ever become a legal resident. but i am sure your conscience will prevail and you will not take advantage of this system that is basically a form of Obamacare, which you oppose.

as for GMOs feeding the world, nothing could be farther from the truth. acre per acre organically grown food has a higher yield with less pesticide usage, less damage to the environment, and food that is more nutritious. truth be told, there is plenty of food — more than enough to feed every man, woman, and child on this planet. in fact, there is a food SURPLUS!! but food is a political weapon and is often withheld depending on the agenda of the leaders of the country to which it is sent, or distributed. GMOs have destroyed the soil in every place they were planted because of the heavy pesticide use and the spawning of super bugs and super weeds. it still amazes me how many people labor under this false assumption that GMOs will solve the hunger problem. en serio, you need to do some research.

and you want kids to be vaccinated in light of the fact that many, if not most vaccines, have never really been tested for efficacy, and in fact, the backlash against vaccines is taking hold and more and more parents are refusing to submit their children to this medical experiment. Even Dr. Oz doesn’t vac his children!!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

I am traveling in Guatemala with my gal (who’s from Guatemala) this week and I am a British citizen so I have no dog in this fight however, I do read a lot and this week saw two excellent and very informative articles that may be of interest to you…

“Americans will be shocked to learn the extent to which they have been deceived. The legislation neither protects the patient nor are the plans affordable.” Written by [url=]Paul Craig Roberts[/url] who was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal.

And …

“[url=http://www.alternet.org/personal-health/being-american-bad-your-health?]Americans are sicker and die younger than people in other wealthy nations.[/url]” January 2013 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association.

“Compare the health of the American people with our peer nations — with Britain, Canada and Australia; with Japan; with the Scandinavian countries; with France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Switzerland and the Netherlands. Side by side with the world’s wealthy democracies, America comes in last, and over the past several decades, it’s only gotten worse.”

Scott

PS. Guatemala is also beautiful at this time of the year …

waggoner41

[quote=”maravilla”]but you are going to take advantage of the Obamacare we have here in Costa Rica when if you ever get residency?????? and i suppose you think it’s okay that America is the only first world nation that has NO health plan for its citizens and that 50,000,000 are uninsured and to get even basic coverage for two people, not even a big family, costs upward of $500 a month and that’s if you’re healthy!!! it’s truly scandalous. and of course, if you aren’t living in country and paying taxes, why SHOULD you be entitled to healthcare in that country? people can’t have it both ways. they move here because they want the same life they had up there for half the cost, but they still want a toe-hold in those countries just in case they get sick? sheesh.[/quote]

Once we got to Costa Rica and found out that we could get into Caja we found out how bad we’ve really had it in the States.

The idiots who complain about “Obamacare” don’t realize that every major piece of legislation that has been passed by congress has been amended to correct it’s ills. When all is said and done “Obamacare” will be a boon to everyone.

Medicare is, and always has been, a joke and everything that has been added to it has been a boondoggle just like Bush’s Medicare Prescription Drug and Modernization Act legislation.

The problem that I see with the Caja is that no one pays what it is worth.

Just have a medical emergency and have to be transported to one of the Caja hospitals and you will find out what I mean.

I am totally happy with “Obamacare” in Costa Rica.

VictoriaLST

Thanks, Scott. Too bad Mara lets emotions and her belief system get in the way of the facts.

jmcbuilder
    Participant

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”maravilla”]but you are going to take advantage of the Obamacare we have here in Costa Rica when if you ever get residency?????? and i suppose you think it’s okay that America is the only first world nation that has NO health plan for its citizens and that 50,000,000 are uninsured and to get even basic coverage for two people, not even a big family, costs upward of $500 a month and that’s if you’re healthy!!! it’s truly scandalous. and of course, if you aren’t living in country and paying taxes, why SHOULD you be entitled to healthcare in that country? people can’t have it both ways. they move here because they want the same life they had up there for half the cost, but they still want a toe-hold in those countries just in case they get sick? sheesh.[/quote]

Once we got to Costa Rica and found out that we could get into Caja we found out how bad we’ve really had it in the States.

The idiots who complain about “Obamacare” don’t realize that every major piece of legislation that has been passed by congress has been amended to correct it’s ills. When all is said and done “Obamacare” will be a boon to everyone.

Medicare is, and always has been, a joke and everything that has been added to it has been a boondoggle just like Bush’s Medicare Prescription Drug and Modernization Act legislation.

Just have a medical emergency and have to be transported to one of the Caja hospitals and you will find out what I mean.

[/quote]

Isn’t Medicare a major piece of legislation?

You have to be living under a rock to believe what youre saying. Forget the poorly thought out plan, the deception played on the US public, What about the trial lawyers, Give Me a break!!

Costa Rica is not the US and what may work for them will never work for the US. How you can compare apples and oranges and twist the facts is amazing.

“It is better to keep your mouth shut and look a fool, than to open it and affirm the fact” MARK TWAIN

jmcbuilder
    Participant

[quote=”jmcbuilder”][quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”maravilla”]but you are going to take advantage of the Obamacare we have here in Costa Rica when if you ever get residency?????? and i suppose you think it’s okay that America is the only first world nation that has NO health plan for its citizens and that 50,000,000 are uninsured and to get even basic coverage for two people, not even a big family, costs upward of $500 a month and that’s if you’re healthy!!! it’s truly scandalous. and of course, if you aren’t living in country and paying taxes, why SHOULD you be entitled to healthcare in that country? people can’t have it both ways. they move here because they want the same life they had up there for half the cost, but they still want a toe-hold in those countries just in case they get sick? sheesh.[/quote]

[/quote]

Isn’t Medicare a major piece of legislation? Obamacare in Costa Rica, when did Costa Rica give up it’s rights to the US?

You have to be living under a rock to believe what youre saying. Forget the poorly thought out plan, the deception played on the US public, What about the trial lawyers, Give Me a break!!

Costa Rica is not the US and what may work for them will never work for the US. How you can compare apples and oranges and twist the facts is amazing.

“It is better to keep your mouth shut and look a fool, than to open it and affirm the fact” MARK TWAIN[/quote]

When did Costa Rica give up its rights to follow the all mighty Obama?

[quote=”waggoner41″]This is a totally laughable situation.

While living in the U.S. we refused to be enrolled in Medicare while I was employed. Immediately on retirement we moved to Costa Rica and found that we could use the Caja.

We have been totally satisfied with the service that we have received through the Caja. We do not wait in line at 5 in the morning to ask for an appointment and we do not wait until the last moment to get preventive health care. We go to the clinic in the afternoon to ask for a preventive health care appointment and are given an appointment time that is within two days.

The cost is much less than we would have to pay for Medicare in the U.S. and one tenth the cost of medical insurance.

Canadians incur the cost of flying to Canada when they need medical services which in itself is more than paying for Caja.[/quote]

Where is the clinic that is willing to give you an appointment in advance ? Not in Tilaran 🙁 they tell you that CCSS in any part of Costa Rica is not giving appointments in advance because half of the Ticos would not show up. It seems Ticos have kind of a reputation among their own people ….. 😯

wintex

[quote=”costaricafinca”]I want to change my answer!!!:roll:

In BC, Alta & Québec, one [b]must not reside[/b] ‘out of country/province’ for [b]6 consecutive months/183 days[/b], to have continued coverage.

[u]Ontario [/u]residents are permitted [b]212 day[/b] out of country rule and this also must be their primary residence.

I don’t have information on all the other provinces.

To be considered a Non-Resident Canadian for Tax purposes, one must reside out of the country for more than 183 days.
    [/quote]

BC has just passed new rules, 6 months out of country and 7 months out of Province

costaricafinca
    Participant

I did recently read that the USA has proposed that Canadians may be able to stay there for 8 months, instead of the present 6 months. This may hurt CR ‘Snowbird’ influx.

[b]wintex[/b], I did send you a ‘PM’ so please check your Inbox.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.