Canadian Registered Nurse offering her expertise

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Canadian Registered Nurse offering her expertise

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ihelpit

Blue eyes, blond, in her late 30s, happily married Canadian Registered Nurse with over 15 years of experience in Cardiac Care, Intensive Care Unit, all the certifications and training ( ACLS, BCL, triage, trauma,Critical Care, Coronary Care …etc), willing to help the ones who need medical care

2772 3728
    Adriana

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”ihelpit”]Blue eyes, blond, in her late 30s, happily married Canadian Registered Nurse with over 15 years of experience in Cardiac Care, Intensive Care Unit, all the certifications and training ( ACLS, BCL, triage, trauma,Critical Care, Coronary Care …etc), willing to help the ones who need medical care

2772 3728
    Adriana[/quote]

Hi Adriana, I am not blue eyes, blond, in my late 30s = oops, that’s you – – – but I am happlily married 41 years and counting. I have a “chest zipper” so if my wife calls you, the need is real. Welcome to Costa Rica!

maravilla

why the mention of blue eyes and blonde hair??? are those things really important? and to whom?

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”ihelpit”]Blue eyes, blond, in her late 30s, happily married Canadian Registered Nurse with over 15 years of experience in Cardiac Care, Intensive Care Unit, all the certifications and training ( ACLS, BCL, triage, trauma,Critical Care, Coronary Care …etc), willing to help the ones who need medical care

2772 3728
    Adriana[/quote]

Are you allowed to work as a Nurse in Costa Rica?

Scott

DavidCMurray
    Participant

2772 3728
    Adriana[/quote]

I, too, am trying to figure this post out. If it’s an offer of nursing services, then (1)with what limitations and (2)what’s the significance of the physical description and marital status?

Where are these services being offered? If in Costa Rica, are you prepared to travel the entire country, Adriana, or are there some geographical constraints?

Are the services to be offered at no cost, or are you expecting to be compensated? If yes, at what rates? It would be good to know.

And, as Scott asks, are you licensed in Costa Rica (if that’s where you’re available)?

Or is this actually an offer of volunteer services in some local hospital? Generally speaking, ACLS, BCL, triage, trauma, critical care and coronary care are inpatient hospital specialty areas. If it’s an offer of volunteer services, then the geographical question becomes more compelling.

Or are you looking for a paid job? If yes, do you have the legal status to work in Costa Rica?

We need a few more hints . . .

Adriana,
    No insult intended, however your post borders on a solicitation. There are doctors and nurses in my family. They did not initiate forum posts, rather; they provided medical services through international organizations. However, once you become a legal resident of Costa Rica, you may seek employment as a nurse.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”Disabled Veteran”]Adriana,
    No insult intended, however your post borders on a solicitation. There are doctors and nurses in my family. They did not initiate forum posts, rather; they provided medical services through international organizations. However, once you become a legal resident of Costa Rica, you may seek employment as a nurse.[/quote]

Not quite, DV. in order to work legally in Costa Rica, one must either have a skill that is non-existent in the local labor force or one that is in short supply and then obtain a legal work permit. Otherwise, one must be a legal permanent resident, not a pensionado or a rentista. Becoming a permanent resident requires three years in the status of a legal temporary resident before applying.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Plus she must be fluent in Spanish and will have to sit the exams all over again, in Spanish.
    There is no shortages of qualified nurses here.

rward

“ihelpit” What is “it”??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.