Canadian pensioner

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Canadian pensioner

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Antonic

Like to know if someone know how works with Canada c.p.p for costa rica pensionado.Can i receive c.p.p paiments direct to costa rica canadian citizen in costa rika that my know what is situation regards Canadian citizen thankyou.

ssure

I was hoping someone else who knows more than I do would reply to this but I guess since I’m a Canadian I’ll try. I should mention that I don’t live in Costa Rica and I’m not retired for another 4 years so I cannot be considered an expert at this. I’ve visited many times and love Costa Rica and do plan to retire there so I know a little about how my 3 pension plans (1 of them being C.P.P.) will work.

C.P.P. qualifies toward the requirments of pensionado status in Costa Rica. You should keep in mind that C.P.P., I’m told, will deduct 25% and withold that toward taxes before sending it out to you. So after the deductions you need at least $600 if you don’t have any other dependents, or any other qualifying pensions, in order to qualify.

C.P.P. does allow you to collect while you live in Costa Rica.

My fellow Canuck, may I just add that the experts here on this site suggest coming here to check things out before making the move. And then I think I’ve heard them say rent for a while before deciding where you want to live/buy.

Good luck

Antonic

I Thankyou ssure for replay for moment i toth there is no Canadian pensioners in Costa Rica i have to lern more abaot it we are Coming to Costa Rica i may 07 not mach time left. from Australia.Antonic

ssure

Hi Antonic:

There are lots of Canadians living in Costa Rica. Here is a website you might want to take a look at. Say’s they have about 200 Canadian members who live in Costa Rica.

Good luck fello Canuck from Australia

http://www.canadianclubcr.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.