Can you recommend a knowledgeable herbalist?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Can you recommend a knowledgeable herbalist?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Doug Ward

Hiya. I’ve been scrounging around the macrobiotic joints who, like every other business here, sell exactly the same crap at a different price.

Does anyone know of a real herbalist who actually knows the botanical-scientific names of the ingredients he/she is using ?

It’s like going to the nurseries. 90% only know the plant with the big green leaves as a Tabacon.:wink:

Wanna scare off burglars ? Hang books in your windows :shock:. They’re like garlic to vampires !:lol:

beverleygay

Maybe if you try being a bit nicer you’ll get better service. I’m sure there are good herbalists here. Never heard of such a thing as hanging books in windows!!

Doug Ward

[quote=”beverleygay”]Maybe if you try being a bit nicer you’ll get better service. I’m sure there are good herbalists here. Never heard of such a thing as hanging books in windows!![/quote]
    Never make assumptions ! As far as hanging books, you’d better bring them with you !

Here’s a source for a few.
    http://www.securesitecr.com/editorialinbiolibreria/prestashop/category.php?id_category=22
    Much like their YouTube channel there are 12 views. That was me.

I have a great book, unfortunately (for non-German speakers) it is in German. The title is “Pflanzen der Tropen” which means Tropical Plants. It has pretty much every plant (ornamental and food plants) that I have seen in Costa Rica so far. And it has the common names and the scientific names. I am sure there are similar books available in English.

pharg
    Participant

[quote=”elindermuller”]I have a great book, unfortunately (for non-German speakers) it is in German. The title is “Pflanzen der Tropen” which means Tropical Plants. It has pretty much every plant (ornamental and food plants) that I have seen in Costa Rica so far. And it has the common names and the scientific names. I am sure there are similar books available in English.[/quote]

Pricey: $97 on Amazon (used, about $75

costaricafinca
    Participant

I have many good plant books but still find plants growing wild here or occasionally from a [i]vivero[/i]that are not in any of them.
    I take photos of them go to this website [url=http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/namegal/]Find my name[/url] where usually, I can get it identified in a few days. Once, ID’ed, you can search for additional information.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.