Can I set up a Bank Account in Puerto Viejo

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Can I set up a Bank Account in Puerto Viejo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark001

Hi All

Was just wondering if it is possible to set up a bank account, in Puerto Viejo, while I am still in the US?

wmaes47

Possible…

That would be impossible from what I have completed and what they need at the Banco de Costa Rica, where I bank. There are many banks available for you to use. Someone else will have to tell you the available banks in Puerto Viejo

Do you have a Costa Rican corporation? Then it is easy, if you are there.

Last year I had a CR friend accompany me to the Banco de Costa Rica to open an account. He knew a few of the people who worked there. With a little persuasion from my friend, we were allowed to open a savings account with a debit card.

I was told that after six months I could open a checking account, but now I can’t seem to find a reason to have a checking account.

With the debit card we can pay the electricity, water and phone bills from the States. When I travel the debit card works very well.

Mark001

I thank You for your answer….

Mark

kimikins

Hello,
    Yes. We just opened our Puerto Viejo BCR bank account. Since we didn’t have3 all of our necessary coporate documents yet….we first decided to open a personal savings account.

The manager of the bank is bi-linguel and very helpful.

You will need your passport ID, a copy of a paid electric bill for where you live (doesn’t have to be in your name), and two written references from other BCR customers. They will need to know your physical address and other contact info, but will start the account with $100 deposit.

It will take apx 2 weeks to get the debit card for this account.

A corporate account is easier to start, as you do not need the references…

Good Luck!

-KS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.