Camping Grounds

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Camping Grounds

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    myoch

Is there any camping grounds in CR for back packers? I am talking about Tent and sleeping bag parks.

Another question I have is; How is the bus system for getting around CR. All I hear about is the tours from the hotels.

🙄 Michael 😀

Andrew
    Keymaster

You could take a look at: Costa Rica By Bus – Excellent, on time and cheap. [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/742.cfm ]

Scott

wspeed1195

[quote=”Scott”]You could take a look at: Costa Rica By Bus – Excellent, on time and cheap. [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/742.cfm ]

Scott[/quote]theirs A beach in montezuma.
    and down in dominical you can stay on the beach.just south of town.some of the hostels will “rent” you shower time.
    how many of you in your party?
    I’ve got A close friend who has a hostel in Hermossa/jaco area.he’s got an awesome place.iy you don’t mind roomin up or if theirs 3-4,you could get your own room.
    he’s a demon about respectin folks under his roof.so you’d be safe.

myoch

[quote=”wspeed1195″][quote=”Scott”]You could take a look at: Costa Rica By Bus – Excellent, on time and cheap. [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/742.cfm ]

and down in dominical you can stay on the beach.just south of town.some of the hostels will “rent” you shower time.
    I’ve got A close friend who has a hostel in Hermossa/jaco area.he’s got an awesome place.iy you don’t mind roomin up or if theirs 3-4,you could get your own room.

[/quote] It is just me. I am a merchent seaman working the the US Navy. I have lived in and traveled thru many 2nd and 3rd world contries. This would be my first time to visit CR.
    I have live in Phillippines for over 10 years from 1982 to 1992.
    I do understand that there are buses from the International airports that go to the city next to the Airport. How about
    the buses to the smaller towns(like beaches, mountains, valleys, ect).
    Your friends sound very nice.:D I am in Korea on a ship right now, so do not know when I will make my plans to come down there. Thank you for your assistants:!:

Michael

wspeed1195

[quote=”myoch”][quote=”wspeed1195″][quote=”Scott”]You could take a look at: Costa Rica By Bus – Excellent, on time and cheap. [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/742.cfm ]

[/quote] It is just me. I am a merchent seaman working the the US Navy. I have lived in and traveled thru many 2nd and 3rd world contries. This would be my first time to visit CR.
    I have live in Phillippines for over 10 years from 1982 to 1992.
    I do understand that there are buses from the International airports that go to the city next to the Airport. How about
    the buses to the smaller towns(like beaches, mountains, valleys, ect).
    Your friends sound very nice.:D I am in Korea on a ship right now, so do not know when I will make my plans to come down there. Thank you for your assistants:!:

Michael[/quote]well you just keep in touch slim,and I can confidantly speak for others to say that your questions will be tended too.

grb1063

There really are not any “campgrounds” per se like we are acustom to in the US. In CR it is more like pitch a tent where you feel like it on the beach, since nobody owns it. The beaches between Montezuma and Cabuya are absoultely crazy during Semana Santa. There is no camping allowed in many of the National Parks.
    The bus system even reaaches the smallest towns on a daily or more frequent basis, even Cabuya at the end of a dirt road at the end of the Nicoya Peninsula.

costaricafinca
    Participant

It is not recommended that one leaves [i]anything[/i] unattended in a tent. Or even your tent…

Versatile

[quote=”grb1063″]There really are not any “campgrounds” per se like we are acustom to in the US. In CR it is more like pitch a tent where you feel like it on the beach, since nobody owns it. The beaches between Montezuma and Cabuya are absoultely crazy during Semana Santa. There is no camping allowed in many of the National Parks.
    The bus system even reaaches the smallest towns on a daily or more frequent basis, even Cabuya at the end of a dirt road at the end of the Nicoya Peninsula.[/quote]

About a mile north of Montezuma i heard there is a nude beach and around there are places people camp.

myoch

[quote=”Scott”]You could take a look at: Costa Rica By Bus – Excellent, on time and cheap. [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/742.cfm ]

Scott[/quote]

Thank you Scott:D
    That article was a big help. My friend told me to go to San Jose on my first trip and then spead out from there, but I am not a city person. This way I can take the bus right to the real CR.

Michael:P

johnr

There are also two beach campgrounds in Southern Nicoya. One right off the main road to Playa San Miguel and the other on Playa Coyote. Both near food and beer.:lol: However – the bathrooms leave something to be desired.:cry:

raggedjack

[quote=”johnr”]There are also two beach campgrounds in Southern Nicoya. One right off the main road to Playa San Miguel and the other on Playa Coyote. Both near food and beer.:lol: However – the bathrooms leave something to be desired.:cry:[/quote]

That could be disasterous, depending on the quality and amount of the aformentioned food and beer… 😯

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.