CAFTA

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    johnnyh

With the he passage of the Central American Free Trade Agreement, shouldn’t automobile tariffs have gone down? By that I mean the prices of American cars only.
    I realize that the C.R. government needs the revenue, but the prices are just outrageous. Shouldn’t the United States trade reps complain? Just wondering.:D

barbara ann

I just priced bringing a 2005 gmc ext here, 12k for taxes and shipping..Just a plain jane pickup, not a crew cab, no power windows, no bells and whistles…dont think anything has changed.

johnnyh

Mind if I ask you how you got that quote? I have a 2004 Ford Taurus V6 that I absolutely love. Leather interior,ac, power everything. Thanks!

barbara ann

barry@shipcostarica.com, He is the one that shipped our car from the states when we first moved here.

His phone number is 22325724..88848154 cell

Both estimates were the same…the figure I gave, 12000 was shipping from detroit to florida and across to costa rica..

I cant remember who the second quote came from.

VictoriaLST

It was pointed out to us before our move that: there is no law against rolling back the odometer in CR; cars in the US are cut into pieces, shipped cheaply to CR as scrap and then put back together; equipment that is standard in the States (like side air bags)doesn’t always make it to CR but the car is the same price. We shipped a car down to avoid possible problems.

barbara ann

that is why we brought our car from the states., with the flooding on the east coast there is a chance that you could end up with a “remanufactured?” car.We found a car we knew and liked and brought it here. Just look at brands to make sure you buy something you can buy parts for here

johnnyh

I tried the hacienda link someone posted and got nowhere. It seems there are no Ford Tauruses in Cost Rica.
    Aside from the shipping from California, I wonder what the impuesto would be in Costa Rica. If someone would give me an idea or approximation of the charge I would appreciate it!
    2004 Ford Taurus 4 door sedan, V6, ac, power seat, power locks,power steering, leather interior, automatic. Here it is worth $4500-$5000.00
    I bought it used and it has 70,000 miles but I love it.

maravilla

if there are no Ford Tauruses in this country it must be for a good reason. it doesn’t seem like it would be practical car in this country, on these roads, in this climate. pretty much you can plan on it costing you more than it’s worth to get it here, pay the duties and import costs, and the licensing.

barbara ann

If you cant find a Ford Taurus here you might think twice about bringing it, Check out availability of parts first

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.