Buying & Selling Gold/Silver in Costa Rica??

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Buying & Selling Gold/Silver in Costa Rica??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    caliskatari
    Participant

Just wondering if there is a bullion dealer in Costa Rica, if its possible to buy and sell physical Gold and silver in the country. I heard from somebody its illegal? Is this true?

caliskatari
    Participant

Nobody really knows?? I’ve seen Scott cover pretty much every topic in existence, do you know what the deal is with bullion trading? This could be one of the hardest to answer/hard to find a answer to/ question I’ve posted on Costa Rica Message boards.. Is it to be traded only by banks, can people trade/barter or sell/buy between themselves? Can somebody open up a coin/bullion shop? There should be a answer out there somewhere..

gary savage

I thought I had read some messages about buying and selling gold on the Yahoo Costa Rica Living Forum.
    I just checked and yes you can find some postings from this year, by typing in “Selling Gold” in the Forum
    search.

caliskatari
    Participant

yeah I have viewed the discussions there, however no real answer came up. Just peoples opinions.. Its hard to believe such a simple concept is so hard to understand/ find answers too.. Wish there was a lawyer somewhere that could add their input

I’ve seen shops set up where they buy and sell jewelry and they have signs out the offer to buy gold etc so I would imagine it woudl be legal to do so.
    I had considered doing this myself but when I visited these stores there are gates from the ceiling down to 6 inches above the glass showcases and I started to think about the potential risk of being cased, followed etc and have put this in the back of my mind for now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.