Business Week Story Today on Costa Rica & Tax Evasion

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Business Week Story Today on Costa Rica & Tax Evasion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bogino
    Participant

This Business Week article sounds like a classic case of [b]Bad Management[/b] to me….

[url=http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-10-30/tax-evaders-targeted-as-costa-rica-moves-past-downgrade]Tax Evaders Targeted As Costa Rica Moves Past Downgrade[/url]

Andrew
    Keymaster

Dysfuncionality, ineptitude, inefficiency, laziness and greed are all part of the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the employees in every single government office I have ever visited here in Costa Rica and in most other countries I have lived in…

Every professional Tico I know has a very similar attitude which goes something along the lines of:

“Why on earth should I pay a dime of my hard-earned money to a government that habitually wastes hundreds of millions of dollars on screwed up highway contracts and who continually reward themselves with OBSCENE government salaries and pensions?”

It’s difficult to argue with that kind of thinking…

And people wonder why I am an anarchist!

Scott

davidd

Scott

well said.. actual experience and I have observed the same thing.. here as well as the U.S.

Professional Ticos say exactly that and they come from all walks of life.. doctors, lawyers.. etc.

what is funny is you have people like sweikert that will come and counter with his idealogy that is like someone watching a whole different movie.

I am not an anarchists but I do believe in small limited government.. the way it was intended to be.

😀

[quote=”Scott”]Dysfuncionality, ineptitude, inefficiency, laziness and greed are all part of the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the employees in every single government office I have ever visited here in Costa Rica and in most other countries I have lived in…

Every professional Tico I know has a very similar attitude which goes something along the lines of:

“Why on earth should I pay a dime of my hard-earned money to a government that habitually wastes hundreds of millions of dollars on screwed up highway contracts and who continually reward themselves with OBSCENE government salaries and pensions?”

It’s difficult to argue with that kind of thinking…

And people wonder why I am an anarchist!

Scott

[/quote]

aguirrewar

Memo to Scott:

11 diputados are traveling to France and Spain while Limon is in FLAMES (strike).

each one of the Diputados gets FREE: cell phone, car (gas), viaticos, free food at their cafeteria and other PERKS

more than 700 high ranking Gov. retired employees collect a monthly pension from $5,000 to $10,000

AND one more true story that falls in the BELIEVE IT OR NOT; my wife’s sister is a teacher at “Los Guidos” and makes 2 millones de colones a month or $3,773.00 and she teaches a KINDERGARDEN class from 7:00 to 11:00

warren

davidd

[size=200]exactly… this is the problem.. NOT creating more ways to tax.. instead of figuring out ways to eliminate this kind of waste..

how can you expect intelligent people to actually throw money away by paying taxes ??

:shock::shock::shock::shock:[/size]

[quote=”aguirrewar”]Memo to Scott:

11 diputados are traveling to France and Spain while Limon is in FLAMES (strike).

each one of the Diputados gets FREE: cell phone, car (gas), viaticos, free food at their cafeteria and other PERKS

more than 700 high ranking Gov. retired employees collect a monthly pension from $5,000 to $10,000

AND one more true story that falls in the BELIEVE IT OR NOT; my wife’s sister is a teacher at “Los Guidos” and makes 2 millones de colones a month or $3,773.00 and she teaches a KINDERGARDEN class from 7:00 to 11:00

warren

[/quote]

bogino
    Participant

I will miss Tom Coburn. Not because of his political ideology but because I always enjoyed reading his reports on [b]GOVERNMENT WASTE[/b]. You read some of that stuff and it is [b]INCOMPREHENSIBLE[/b] how the American people continue to tolerate such garbage. And it’s not a Republican thing or a Democrat thing. It’s a [b]GOVERNMENT[/b] thing. This stuff happens all over the globe so I too am in the camp that believes government should be kept as small as possible. Unfortunately, I won’t hold my breath waiting for that to occur.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.