Builder in Quepos, Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Builder in Quepos, Costa Rica

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    valentina

Hi! I’m looking for good builder to build house in Quepos.
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks

dkt2u

What type of house and how large are you looking to build? Do you have approved architectural plans?

valentina

I want to build Superbloque and they already have approved plans.

audears

What is superbloque?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Please see my article at:

Their website is at http://www.superbloque.com

Scott

dwaynedixon

They have systems like this in the states except the block are made of styrofoam. They come with a plastic inside that houses a unique gadget for attaching rebar – after all the rebar it attached concrete is poured (pumped) into the block. Although just styrofoam, it is a very stable and secure system. My neighbor here in California just finished building a 10,000 (yes 10K!!!) sq foot home (mansion) with these block. They come with a plastic channel on the interior so drywall can be screwed to the wall and they have consideration for wiring and plumbing. Since they are made of styrofoam there is no heavy lifting and cutting these things to size for around windows and doors is done with a simple hand saw or to make is real easy one of those big jig saws (I have one but I forget what it is called).

Maybe CR will eventually get the lighter version of this system? Maybe they have it and we don’t know it?

Here is one system offered in the US, this website is full of very technical data. Check out the videos:
    http://www.logixicf.com/client/LogixICF/LogixMain.nsf/webpages/newvideos.html

This isn’t the only system available.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.