Bringing in Pet Parrots

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Bringing in Pet Parrots

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bogino
    Participant

How easy or difficult would it be to bring in an African Grey parrot and a Double Yellow Headed Amazon if and when I decide to move?

costaricafinca
    Participant

It will be difficult due to the laws but once in, [i]they cannot be taken out of the country.[/i]
    So be sure Costa Rica is for you!

*The following has been copied from another site, (posted on 31 May 2010 – 11:05 AM)

“After getting the information from the CR authorities, I went back to the US and brought my bird down with the papers they said were required. We were deported back the same day.

I engaged Angela Passman at [url=http://www.worldpettravel.com/birds-to-costa-rica/]World Pet Travel.com[/url] and due to her diligent efforts, he should be down here in about a month.

Besides the Cites and import permit, your bird must also be micro-chipped, have several blood tests, be quarantined at the vet for thirty days, be dewormed, and more. CR Animal Services will also come and inspect your home for proper screenage and cage.”

F.A Skippy

If anyone has health issues with a pet parrot or toucan I bred exotics in Miami for 20 years, before there were any bird vets.
    DO NOT let any vet here recommend treatments unless it’s his specialty.
    The first thing that MUST be done with a sick parrot is a CBC. Cultures are BS until you know the blood work.
    I also have medical books that are psittacine specific.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.