(Been away a while) Yearning for the day –

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum (Been away a while) Yearning for the day –

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Vmc

Hi Everybody, it’s been a while, but I am still alive (Bummr?)…..LOL

Not to advance any sob story, but life has interfered in a massive way once again, delaying our plans to move to CR. for about the THIRD time.

For anyone new here that may be on the fence, and I have seen some new posters, let me tell you this: Reading here and interacting with some of the really great people here, I am, although delayed, better prepared for the eventual move because of them ….Scott, David, and MANY others gave of themselves unselfishly when we were devouring information on Costa Rica living.

I fully believe that when the day comes, we will be WELL PREPARED for all the challenges and amazing surprises waiting us.

We have received a good swift kick in the teeth about THREE times now and hope that we can finally overcome in the next year or two……Right now I am dealing with the disappearance of my teenage Daughter, so I have my hands full….

I wanted to drop in and say Hi to everyone and to hopefully allay some of the trepidation I have read in some posts by “New People” ( I mean this in the NICEST way)….What I have found is that if you listen to the FREQUENT posting Residents here, you will find the answers to any question you have. You need to get your posterior to Costa Rica if you haven’t already, and let the sage advice of those here guide you along the way.

It’s TRUE that I haven’t made it yet, but because of the patience and kindness shown here, along with the INVALUABLE information imparted regularly, I feel that if I were to pick up and haul booty tomorrow, I would KNOW what I was doing.

I hope you guys will keep us in your thoughts, we’ll make it sooner or later, and thanks for all the great information that flows from here every single day!

Pura Vida!

Dan Coble and Family
    Spring Hill Florida.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Jeeeez!

Good luck with the disappearing teenage daughter Dan!

I’m assuming from the tone of your comments that she’s perhaps a somewhat rebellious young woman and you’re not so worried but whatever happened, I wish you the best of luck in resolving the situation to everyone’s satisfaction …

Meanwhile, you know what one of my favourite philosophers Nietzche says:

“That which kicketh me in the teeth swiftly and doesn’t break them, only makes them stronger!”

??

Scott

Irony

Dan
    My thoughts and prayers for you and yours.
    God willing you will get to CR

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Dan, please do keep us up to date on your daughter’s situation and know that our thoughts are with you.

maravilla

So sorry to hear of your situation with your daughter. It must be beyond worrisome and stressful. Hoping she comes home safe and sound.

Vmc

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Dan, please do keep us up to date on your daughter’s situation and know that our thoughts are with you.[/quote]

[quote=”maravilla”]So sorry to hear of your situation with your daughter. It must be beyond worrisome and stressful. Hoping she comes home safe and sound.[/quote]

It’s nice to hear from you guys…….I hate to bring drama…..drama sux, but I’ll keep everybody posted without being a bummer to the best of my ability……..LOL

We’re going on 5 weeks Wednesday and although I have had a very good idea where she is/was and who she was with, Law Enforcement has been largely uninterested, but she’s 16, and I kind of expected little concern or cooperation……I’m on my own and it’s just a waiting game till she surfaces if nothing bad has happened to her……I’m hoping she just surfaces.

Dan.

rward

[i]Dan,
    I’m new here and I’m just going to absorb all I can. I have been thru some bad things but I can’t relate to your troubles.
    This I know. Prayers can and do make things happen. You will be in mine tonight.
    God Bless,
    Randy[/i]

maravilla

okay, dan, don’t leave us dangling. has your daughter surfaced? i’ve been thinking about you and hope that everything turns out well.

Vmc

[quote=”maravilla”]okay, dan, don’t leave us dangling. has your daughter surfaced? i’ve been thinking about you and hope that everything turns out well.[/quote]

Sorry guys, but I’ve had my hands full….Heather was found last Friday and I have been on the run since. She’s been in a Mental Health facility since last Friday, August the 26th, and we have had to fight with the VA (CHAMPVA actually.)to get approval for her care…as it stands NOW, they haven’t done SQUAT for her and want to send her home tomorrow….a concept I resist at this point. CHAMPVA is trying to weasel out of paying and even tried to stick me with the cost so far, so the pain continues.

I’ll update as soon as I know how this is going to come out, but thanks to everyone who has offered well-wishes, and I hope you can keep a finger or two crossed!

Dan.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.