bed frames

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum bed frames

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    costaricabill
    Participant

does anyone know where I can purchase metal bed frames. I need frames for 2 queen beds and 1 double bed. I prefer the frames with the flat “foot” at the bottom of the legs, but if they have rollers that will work as well. I’ve tried all the furniture stores and importadoras in Nicoya (Monge, Gallo Mas Gallo, Verderuco) and Santa Cruz, Artistica in Liberia, Do It Center Liberia, etc.
    I’ll be in San Jose next week, so if you know of a place in Pavas, Rohrmosier, Escazu, or Santa Ana area, please let me know.
    Thanks,
    crb

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I can’t speak to the flat-foot versions, but in the past I’ve seen metal bed frames at PriceSmart in Escazu. My recollection is that they’re adjustable and will accommodate full- and queen-size mattresses and box spirngs or foundations.

Good luck in your search.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]I can’t speak to the flat-foot versions, but in the past I’ve seen metal bed frames at PriceSmart in Escazu. My recollection is that they’re adjustable and will accommodate full- and queen-size mattresses and box spirngs or foundations.

[/quote]

Thanks David, I’m off to SJO manana manana with only your help to assist me. Over 25,000 members and only one member offers any help at all. Even a response from Spite would have been appreciated, something like “Don’t go looking to buy adjustable metal bed frames in any Gated Communities!”

If PriceMart doesn’t have them, I guess we’ll get coconuts to put under each corner of the bed to hold it up.

I’ll send a report to let you know if I find them, but only David will receive it, the other 25,000+ are on your own!

Cheers,

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Bill, you wrote, “Thanks David, I’m off to SJO manana manana with only your help to assist me. Over 25,000 members and only one member offers any help at all.”

Gee, I thought I was one in a million . . .

sueandchris

Bill:

I sketched up a “French Campaign” style bed frame to our needed specifications and had my iron guy fabricate it to my specs. I even added extra legs down the middle to provide more stability for the mattresses.

Gorgeous outcome and only $350.00 U.S. If you don’t have luck with an outright purchase, try this avenue. There are usually great ironworkers in every little (and big) town! Sue

Versatile

[quote=”costaricabill”][quote=”DavidCMurray”]I can’t speak to the flat-foot versions, but in the past I’ve seen metal bed frames at PriceSmart in Escazu. My recollection is that they’re adjustable and will accommodate full- and queen-size mattresses and box spirngs or foundations.

[/quote]

Thanks David, I’m off to SJO manana manana with only your help to assist me. Over 25,000 members and only one member offers any help at all. Even a response from Spite would have been appreciated, something like “Don’t go looking to buy adjustable metal bed frames in any Gated Communities!”

If PriceMart doesn’t have them, I guess we’ll get coconuts to put under each corner of the bed to hold it up.

I’ll send a report to let you know if I find them, but only David will receive it, the other 25,000+ are on your own!

Cheers,
    [/quote]

Well golly gee. I guess i am part of those 25,000 that didn’t respond. I am in Kansas City and the only thing i can recommend is around here. You could go to Nebraska Furniture Mart or Sam’s Club around here. lol

DavidCMurray
    Participant

That’s good to know, Sr. Versatile. Next time you come to Costa Rica, could you bring CRBill two or three?

costaricabill
    Participant

I just googled “bed frames in costa rica” and I was amazed to find this link
    http://www.doncolchon.cr/metal-bed-frame.php

duh!!!! I guess I shoulda don dat sooner!

In my current state of almost uncontrollable joy, I am almost afraid to call them and ask if they really do have them in stock! When I regain my composure, I’ll let you know.

costaricabill
    Participant

They are for real!!!
    They make them to order.
    They ain’t cheap, but at this point there are no known alternatives.

Versatile

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]That’s good to know, Sr. Versatile. Next time you come to Costa Rica, could you bring CRBill two or three?
    [/quote]

Just as soon as i get a new blade for my hacksaw. lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.