BCR Direct Deposit of US Government Pensions

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum BCR Direct Deposit of US Government Pensions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I was waiting at the BCR customer service desk yesterday for my new Clave Dinamica, which is they’re new on-line banking security code system. I saw a brochure in English promoting US Direct Deposit of your US Government Retirement Pension. Benefits include instant deposit into your BCR checking account. International Debit Card. Internet access to your account at http://www.bancobcr.com
    Apparently, they have English speaking customer service reps to answer your questions at 2287-9000, ext. 9092/1300 or e-mail comex@bancobcr.com

sprite

I currently have an account with BCR and I am glad to read this news. Sure makes things simple, doesn’t it?

I will say, though, that it is quite a bother to have to go online every 30 days to update passwords,,,,and the site appears to have a few bugs. It always takes me several tries before the new password is accepted.

Other than that, I have always had a good experience while at the bank…no long lines so far and relatively quick service.

Now they issue account holders with a Clave Dinamica card that has 50 numbers on it, like a lottery scratch off deal. Each time you want to make a transfer out of your acount you need to enter three of the numbers. To access your account and check on your information you don’t need it, but to make transfers out of your accounts you must now use the new Clave’s. It seems much more secure than the old password for thirty days system. In light of the internet fraud cases over the last year here, this is positive preventative maintenance.

bogus1

We are in the process of getting my pension check direct deposited into BCR. One thing to note, is that it has to be a BCR checking account – they won’t do it for a savings account. This is also true for Social Security checks – Hope this helps

bogus1

costaricafinca
    Participant

When my husband went into the BCR yesterday, the tellers called him over to tell him there would be an ‘English Language’ page added in August. Presently the only the staff are using it, to make sure it works well.
    Using the Clave dinamica seems to be a good addition and works well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.