BBQ restaurants/catering services in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum BBQ restaurants/catering services in Costa Rica

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sandt330

Hello all,

I’m just doing some market research on Costa Rica and am curious as to whether or not there are any quality BBQ restaurants/catering services? Particularly in popular beach areas on the Pacific side like Tamarindo, Jaco, Quepos, etc. So far Longboards is the only one that I have seen near the beach.

Thank you!

costaricafinca
    Participant

Lots of catering companies and some good BBQ spots but many don’t last more than a year or two…but realize that until one is a [url=http://www.expatexchange.com/costa-rica/liveincosta-rica.html]Permanent resident[/url] or a work visa, one is not permitted to perform ‘physical’ work.
    You may want to read up on Costa Rica’s [url=http://www.costaricalaw.com/Labor-Law/]Labor law[/url]

VictoriaLST

Good advice Finca. When you have to hire people for work you intended to do yourself, the costs eat up profit. We have a place in Nuevo Arenal that has gone through 3 sets of owners in less than 3 years. The current owners are struggling.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I believe that most people believe that the average Tico earns more than he actually does…

According to the October 2014 Costa Rica’s Social Security data, there are about 30,000 [i]employees[/i] (this does not include business owners) in Costa Rica who are earning over USD$50,000 per year.

In our area the number of Porsche Cayennes, top-of-the-line Range Rovers, BMWs and other $100,000+ cars is truly amazing but overall the number of people making big bucks here is pretty small.

Scott

johnr

I believe there is a place in Playa del Coco called Texas BBQ that caters.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.