B&B at Arenal

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum B&B at Arenal

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    eehorobec

A while back I read an article here on a B&B near Lake Arenal that was very nice and very moderately priced. I think it said the owners were from Holland? Unfortunately, I didn’t write down the name of the place. I have searched and searched the forum and cannot find the article. Does anyone have this information? Would appreciate your assistance. Thanks.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

You’re looking for Monte Terras at http://www.monteterras.com.

I made a reservation for four days in May from the previous posting. Kees and Willeke, the owner of the B&B, seem very nice from the emails I have received. Plus the place looks outstanding so I am very excited about the opportunity to stay with them. Also, the very good news is that you can pay them through paypal which is great!

Tom,
    Portland, Oregon

rf2cr
    Participant

Spent three weeks last December with Kees & Wilieka – they are delightful, you will enjoy them and their location.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

How is their location viz a viz seeing the sights at Arenal? I’ve not yet been in that area, but the impression I have is that a lot of the touristy attractions (zip lines, hot springs, etc) are on the other side of the lake. Can you get to those things from Monte Terras? Is it an acceptable alternative to staying on the other side of the lake?

We have family coming in a couple of weeks and Arenal will be one of our destinations, but we don’t want to end up staying someplace you can’t get to from there.

genn789

There are many nice hotels near the Arenal, have a look at http://www.arenal.net/hotel/

eehorobec

Thanks for the information. I went to the website, and it is in Dutch (I guess that’s the language). Do you know how to get info on them in English?

Just click on the British flag in the upper right hand corner of their page and you will go to the English page!

Thanks,
    Tom

hennalounge

I recently stayed at Cerro Chato Eco Lodge. It’s simple (no pool or bar scene) but clean, hot water, and the Tico owners are delightful and arranged everything I wanted to do. Miguel the owner personally picked me up at SJO! His wife cooks a wicked good tipico breakfast and the grounds are beautiful with all kinds of birds hanging out right there. We walked to La Fortuna waterfall from the lodge (about 45 minutes) and it’s about 2km walk into downtown La Fortuna. It was no more than 30 minutes drive to any of the attractions including the Volcano Park, hot springs, etc…. You can see the volcano and Cerro Chato (an old volcano with its head blown off) from the lodge. It seemed very close to me and I swore I could hear it rumbling at night.

I have no association or business with them besides being a very happy customer (my sister and my friend stayed with me too and loved it). I think the double room was $40/night and a single room was $30.

Is it just me or did anyone else notice there are no mosquitos up there?

By the way, the heladeria in La Fortuna has the cutest little old lady behind the counter and the caramelo icecream is the best. We ate that in the park every evening.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

This sounds interesting, too. Do you have a website, e-mail address, etc. for Cerrl Chato Eco Lodge?

Thanks!

A google search for Cerro Chato Eco Lodge gets you the necessary hits to find the b&b. I see references for it on other website but uncertain they have their own website.

terrycook

Hi there eehorobec..
    ref. B&B at Arenal….I was in C.R. last year and stayed at a Very modest but clean place called Hotel Dorothy. It is just about a block from downtown La Fortuna. They do have meals and beer in a cooler but Nothing fancy. My room was large King & full size beds with a large bath..hot water and quite acceptable…and ONLY $6.00 per night for single and $8.00 for doubles…Yes this is NOT a typo they also arranged for a trip to walk throught the jungle to the base of the volcano which I did plus included a trip to a great hot springs place with something like 20 different levels of “Hot” water.
    http://www.hoteldorothy.com in C.R.
    terry from Texas

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.