Bank fees for withdrawals

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Bank fees for withdrawals

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lavemder

Please help us to find out what bank in US charges the smallest fee for withdrawal while you are in CR?
    Thanks in advance. Marry Christmas for all of you on Forum!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I seriously doubt that any participant in this forum will have surveyed every bank in the U.S. on this topic. Let me suggest, instead, that you ask a few of the banks convenient to your home and deal with one of them. The difference in ATM fees, foreign currency conversion charges, etc, won’t be a budget buster.

bogino
    Participant

I believe I or another poster (or both of us) may have previously mentioned this on another thread but if you have a Schwab account they will reimburse you for all fees whcih other banks charge when you withdraw from their ATM’s, including those in Costa Rica. Other than that my guess is that most other banks probably all charge around the same typical fee $3 – $4 or something like that.

gkbiz

[quote=”bogino”]I believe I or another poster (or both of us) may have previously mentioned this on another thread but if you have a Schwab account they will reimburse you for all fees whcih other banks charge when you withdraw from their ATM’s, including those in Costa Rica. Other than that my guess is that most other banks probably all charge around the same typical fee $3 – $4 or something like that.[/quote]
    This info is 100% correct. Charles Schwab Bank has excellent customer service and your free ATM/debit card attached to your US high yield checking account works everywhere in CR. Never have to stand in line at an exchange place. Schwab charges .0025% (if I remember correctly) over the official daily exchange rate to convert your dollars to Colones. All fees are paid by Schwab when you go to any ATM anywhere.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.